Hi

I want to know how the new guy got banned. I got banned from the other forum by showing a moderator he didn't know half as much as he thought he did.
I'm too addicted to the thrill of a 2 stroke coming on the pipe to ride a 4 stroke.

I got banned for advocating 25:1 using a barrage of research to prove that higher oil/fuel ratios reduce localised hot spots from excessive bore distortion as well as reducing piston ring wear from the previously said condition, which consequently increases engine power by reducing blow-by, not to mention an improved hydrodynamic gas pressure barrier; despite the fact that with all of the supporting evidence the moderator insisted Optimax used at 100:1 was "good" for your engine and would not have "any" negative effect on engine life or engine power.

Calling the moderator a small minded peanut for not accepting the research didn't help.

I have read somewhere some bloke was advocating 150:1 on the basis that it is OK to do in some dirt bikes so it must be OK to do to these china girls :sick:

On "all" forums, you will have EPA spooks as well as police spooks and intelligence agency spooks quietly sitting in the background gathering information on public opinion, or actively sitting in on forums under a truckload of different aliases; trying to push an agenda or trying to alter public opinion by selectively driving topics to death or simply flooding forums with alias members to change the social dynamic; thereby isolating those people who are capable of critical thought and also capable of doing their own research and separating the :poop: from the truth.

Anyone advocating 100:1 or 150:1 can be considered a spook because they have no working knowledge of these engines in the field of everyday operation.

Opti 2 is formulated and designed to be universally mixed at 100:1, regardless of what engine you're putting it in or the manufacturers recommendation. It is designed to exceed all industry standards and manufacturers warranties. That's why it can be mixed at 100:1 universally. I have never used it personally due to it not being readily available locally. If it were, I would have tried it in one of my two strokes back when I still ran them. I have looked at their website and understand how it is formulated and designed to be a universal mix, therefore I don't argue with people that use it. I've been using shell rotella t triple protection diesel oil in my 4 stroke.

Opti 2 is formulated and designed to be universally mixed at 100:1, regardless of what engine you're putting it in or the manufacturers recommendation.

I may try this in my test bed in the near future to see what happens.. if I stop posting suddenly I would take that as a strong indication the stuff is no good :rolleyes:

In all seriousness however what makes the stuff so great? another one of these products loaded with engine funking Teflon? (all the talk of the oil being "protective" makes me wary) The only information I can find at a glance seems to suggest it is magic and just works.. I am skeptical of these claims.

Seems to be another:

Slick 50
Microlon
etc.

I'm not a salesman, nor am I getting paid to advocate or explain why opti-2 is or isn't better than any other oil. If you want to use it, go ahead, if you don't, then don't. Not my concern either way. If you google their website, then you'll know everything I do about the stuff.

Oh I did Google the website. I also had a look about for any independent testing and general consensus of the product.. It is possibly no worse and mostly likely no better than many other 2 stroke oils on the market. Just seems to be a lot of advertising hype that gives this product its "success." Either way 100:1 in these notoriously shonky Chinese engines is begging for trouble.

As I said, I'm not a salesman, nor am I paid to advocate one way or the other. Use it or don't, not my concern either way.

Back