How many pre-made E-bikes [or even kits] claim to have a 70+ mile range??

sparky

Local time
6:00 PM
I was looking at electric motorcycles made by Zero and Brammo the other day. But something "else" caught my eye...

An e-Bike (keeps the pedals) that has a 75 mile range and has a couple different modes (street, eco, & power) that allow it to cruise between 15 and 40 mph.

It's called, Greyp --> http://www.greyp-bikes.com/

I like that it's built on a steel frame, all components are hidden inside the frame's "shell". And the speed and range definitely don't hurt it.

How many other bikes compare to this design? Does this bike have ANY competition?? I was interested in electric motorcycles, but honestly... this Greyp at $8,000 seems like a better choice than the Zero & Brammo motorcycles at $10,000. But I'm not paying $8,000 for what I could build for $2,000 all day long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... supposedly the Greyp has a "2-speed Schlumpf transmission", which I've always wanted!!! :)

I'm certain that it doesn't work on the hub motor, but either way.... I like to pedal from time to time.

The only thing I've found that compares is the BH Easy Motion Neo Cross. 25 miles unassisted. 40 miles assisted. 20 mph unassisted. 28 mph assisted! Lots of gears. And only weighs 48 pounds with battery. Also only costs $2,700... and spare batteries only cost $500. So you could get 10x the range of the Greyp if you want to carry extra batteries with you. :D

http://electricbikereview.com/easy-motion/neo-cross/

These new E-bikes look pretty sweet. Can't wait for manufacturers to really start mass producing these beauties.

Easy Motion (AKA: Emotion) sells quite a few eBikes that cater to various tastes. I was wishing this Neo Cross had 29" wheels, then I just so happened to stumble across the Neo Jumper and Neo 650B, which has 27.5" wheels (or something like that; new one to me either way).

Here's their whole fleet --> http://www.emotionbikesusa.com/ebikes

Only a few have the 12 amp hour battery, but that will probably change in the next year or so. And it definitely sucks that none of them have steel frames from what I could see. :( :( :(

Kinda getting off topic, tho. Perhaps I should have made the title "40+ mile range"?? :whistle:

8 grand, I'll buy a nice chevy truck with that kind of dough. Throw in plates and a years worth of insurance too........ I'd be skeptical of that 70 mile range until it's verified using a 200lb rider and climbing a few hills. Go to amazon and search high end electrics and read the reviews, there lies the truth.......Whats a schlumpf transmission? Sounds like something Wiley coyote would order from acme co.?

You can pedal endlessly. But for future ebikes, watch "Ultracaps" and according to Li Ping watch the Farads, if these increase, then range will too, greatly.

you can't make anything yourself to compare to the expensive e-bikes so don't even think about it.
I'd rather buy a motorcycle than spend that kind of money on a bicycle. Next choice is fixing up a Grubee engine for true performance for $500 more for a good performance motorized bicycle.

Actually you can. There are now 5kw 96 volt systems that are a tad over a grand, so u r incorrect in your reply.

From what I gather, there are many false claims made by these builders. Its just a matter of adding more batteries to get the range you want on the components you have.

That is a very cool bike, but honestly who really wants to drop $8K or more on a bike? I would like to know what the components are, and how much it would cost to build your own comprable bicycle. I also wonder how many new bicycles are on a steel frame, I am interested in getting one, but I like better quality bicycles, disc brakes, better components. I guess if the bikes got disc I can just swap out components. I guess I got to get a magnet and check it out.

I would like to know more about this "5kw 96 volt systems" for a g-note.

Back