How many pre-made E-bikes [or even kits] claim to have a 70+ mile range??

From what I gather, there are many false claims made by these builders. Its just a matter of adding more batteries to get the range you want on the components you have.

That is a very cool bike, but honestly who really wants to drop $8K or more on a bike? I would like to know what the components are, and how much it would cost to build your own comprable bicycle. I also wonder how many new bicycles are on a steel frame, I am interested in getting one, but I like better quality bicycles, disc brakes, better components. I guess if the bikes got disc I can just swap out components. I guess I got to get a magnet and check it out.

I would like to know more about this "5kw 96 volt systems" for a g-note.
I'd like to see a 5KW 96V motorized bike system for $1K as well, the 1680W motor, shifting drive train with mount, controller, 50V LI battery with BMS, and 3 stage (50%, 90%,100%) charger was over $1,200 for this new build.

SpecializedEpicDoneL.jpg

SpecializedEpicDoneR.jpg

That Specialized Epic 9-speed soft tail, carbon fiber, dual hydraulic disc brake bike was customer supplied and ~$3500 new so ya, builds like this are expensive but man, what a ride with big electric geared power ;-}

I get to keep it for testing for a few days so I'm going to put a speed/odometer on it see what it will do under normal riding conditions charging to to 90% and 100%, the 50% charge setting is for storage.

Back