HELP! 4 Stroke Huasheng engine throws oil out of carburetor

Status
Not open for further replies.

obrauthigam

Local time
8:20 AM
i bought a 4 stroke bicycle off craigslist and it was not running at the time due to the pull start being broken, i inspected it and it seemed fine, i got all the parts ready for it to go and it wouldn't start, i finally disconnected the kill switch and there was life! got to run, but it was throwing a grey smoke out of the exhaust, and when i tried to get the engine to run for a prolonged time by pulling the throttle it would spit oil through the carb. also, the engine will crank over and start but wont stay on unless it is given throttle. ive bought a new spark plug, new cdi, and a new pull start, i have also cleaned the carbs.

when the big is being moved i can hear a scraping coming from the engine, like something is rubbing, but im not too familiar with these motors so i dont want to take it apart and start ordering parts before i know whats going on..

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!

What is the correct level? I've checked it... Also? The engine doesn't want to run, like it's a struggle for it to run, would and overfill of oil cause that problem?

Chances are oil is over filled that's causing oil to come out of the breather. Oil only needs to be to the bottom thread of the fill opening on a flat surface. The rubbing noise is it the clutch hopefully? Pull the plug out of it and you can turn it over easily by hand slowly to see maybe where that noise is.

Okay, I changed the oil, I'm assuming the rubbing the piston? Not sure, but since the oil was changed and at the correct level, the engine still doesn't want to run. I'll crank it, and it wants to start but it just dies out I'm wondering if maybe I should change the carb? Or is this an internal engine problem

Also forgot to mention that I took the carb out and cleaned it with carb cleaner, thoroughly, the jets don't seem clogged as the carb was able to sorry through them... However, like I said, I'm not too familiar with these engines

HS 142f does NOT hold 8 oz of oil butta, disregard that OP! I'd have to look it up but it's closer to 3 ozs.

The motor needs slightly more than 8 OZ. of oil.

Consider the following:

Motor could have been shipped with some oil and upside down causing the oil to pool above the piston.

If overfilled the excess oil will be forced into the air breather and clog up the foam filter.

Most people aren't able to clean carburetor correctly, as it isn't typical design.

There is a small pilot style jet hidden under the idle adjustment screw. Remove plastic idle set screw and lift small fixture upward to view jet system.

The pilot jet can't be cleaned with spay cleaner and or air.

Pilot jet and associated passages causes about 99% of the carburetor issues on these motors.

Best to clean pilot jet with very very small wire [not a drill bit] from a wire brush or frayed cable.

Hope this information is helpful.

Have fun,

Quentin I've owned 2 hs 142f's and a quart of oil lasts about 4/5 changes. Am I missing something or should a quart be poured into the crank case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back