My creation

wrenchist

Local time
8:42 AM
I though I woudld share. I'm still working out the bugs.

Attachments

• IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_1759.jpg
    IMG_1759.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 827
  • IMG_1751.jpg
    IMG_1751.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 887
  • IMG_1744.jpg
    IMG_1744.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 887
  • IMG_1720.jpg
    IMG_1720.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 888
That's about the most interesting thing I've seen in a good long while. I spy some pre mad dog goped brakes on that drive wheel lol ;) good job of thinking outside the box, I give it a 9/10 put a brake that works on it and 10/10.

That's about the most interesting thing I've seen in a good long while. I spy some pre mad dog goped brakes on that drive wheel lol ;) good job of thinking outside the box, I give it a 9/10 put a brake that works on it and 10/10.
I'm currently working on the brake. I found that the cruisers coaster brake was very inefficient. There are no provisions for any other brakes on the bike. I'll post more picks.

Coasters are a no-no on a MAB.That possible (not probably) trifecta of the kill switch failing, the throttle sticking/breaking, and the chain braking.With that kind of weight behind you, you need a serious brake on the trailer.
How well does it handle in semi-fast turns?

I've only ridden a few miles and have not attempted a high speed turn. I'm not after speed, it is still govenor equipped. During those few miles I realized quickly I would need to have additional braking. I also could not accelerate at full throttle with out the tire bouncing. I added a spring and had to compress it nearly all the way to stop the bounce.IMG_1722 - Copy.jpg

Coasters are a no-no on a MAB.That possible (not probably) trifecta of the kill switch failing, the throttle sticking/breaking, and the chain braking.With that kind of weight behind you, you need a serious brake on the trailer.
How well does it handle in semi-fast turns?

On the right bike, coasters are fine if you keep the limitations in mind. If you break the chain a little toe jam braking is all you need, or you can always reach down and unplug the spark plug wire if you have good shock tolerance. I wouldn't want only coasters though, they make horrible drag brakes and don't (typically) work the front wheel where most of your braking ability is.

In my experience the biggest problem with coasters on a mab is that the heat dissipation is poor so if you're planning on stopping from 30 mph regularly you better have some grease ready

Personally, if I had my brakes and kill switch fail and the throttle stick wide open I'd just find some nice soft grass to lay it down in.

On the right bike, coasters are fine if you keep the limitations in mind. If you break the chain a little toe jam braking is all you need, or you can always reach down and unplug the spark plug wire if you have good shock tolerance. I wouldn't want only coasters though, they make horrible drag brakes and don't (typically) work the front wheel where most of your braking ability is.

In my experience the biggest problem with coasters on a mab is that the heat dissipation is poor so if you're planning on stopping from 30 mph regularly you better have some grease ready

Personally, if I had my brakes and kill switch fail and the throttle stick wide open I'd just find some nice soft grass to lay it down in.

I think you're quite right. On my bike, I have a Worksman front drum and a Shimano coaster. I typically only use the front brake, due to the fact that the coaster brake's shoes grab so hard I'm afraid of skidding into a fishtail at 30mph. I've nver had a problem with the front drum in the year I've been using it. But for a pusher trailer with so much torque (note the very low gearing), you want a good brake there.

Amazing that you can get away with that push trailer.

If you tried the same thing in Australia, you'd be thrown in jail; forced to live in a palatial gated community; amongst company of murders, thugs and thieves, which in many cases are considered the more honourable members of Australian criminal society.

Back