frame modification questions

butterbean

Local time
10:24 AM
I have a beach cruiser frame and I've suddenly come to require more space in the triangle. Is it possible to push the down tube further away from the seat tube without cutting or damaging the frame? I have no access to a welder or money to pay anyone to do it.

I have a beach cruiser frame and I've suddenly come to require more space in the triangle.
Eat too many Pizza's BB?
Is it possible to push the down tube further away from the seat tube without cutting or damaging the frame? I have no access to a welder or money to pay anyone to do it.
Pushing the downtube further away is a brilliant idea!

Your sarcasm is neither helpful, wanted or needed here. I'm not even going to bother with a detailed response to your comments. Good day, sir!

Not without cutting and welding. Depending on how much extra clearance you need, you may be able to get away with the old and ill-advised "smash it with a hammer" technique, but just know you'll be seriously reducing the lifespan of the frame and possibly yourself by going that route.

You probably know someone who has a welder and would be willing to help out, post on facebook or ask a buddy or something. I find myself welding things together for friends and relatives at least once every other month.

Back