My build. Frankenstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have started a build and will be building a fast bike. Thats the plan so far.
I have finished the frame and bought the fork.
I got a brown Brooks seat
I want to put a fast engine into this so your help would be well seen.
I decided to go with a 2 stroke and will build some slowly.
If you have any ideas please let me know and tell me what you think.

This is how the frame looks, bit I will be running different wheels.

This is the fork

its crap. a mongoose Impasse I do expect to replace the wheel bearings in two months. I will buy american bearings at that point. or new hubs with sealed bearings. the bottom bracket will be replaced right away with the delux shift kit II

Omg dude WHY?? :O Dont! Send it back!! lol. Pedals need replacing before you ride. So pedals + hubs + wheel rebuild unless you can build good wheels yourself + fork + front brake? Can't get my head 'round this.. you could've got a used bike for the same price and not have to replace anything. :rolleyes:

got new pedals already. I snap them frequently. the hubs I expect to replace soon. and the steering head bearings will also need replacements. I figure it should last me till I hae money to buy new bearings. the frame is cheap. but whats in a frame?

I can build wheels and do often. nothing but bad roads here!. I would like to look into plastic rims. the ones I hear you put in the freezer and they straighten out? sure would be nice!

Some new pics with the new wheels. Must say it looks the bomb.
Still deciding on the engine. This is just way to hard. Over all I am mega happy with the whole outcome of the ride.

10146925_4064222860634_1696724550_o_zps89efc1cd.jpg

for ideas on what to do to the engine just click on my signature link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back