Top speed my Motorized Bicycle 66cc :)

I can only get about 40 km/h from my 66cc skyhawk

I get less speed than that out of my 66cc engine, and it has a modified cylinder, a high compression cylinder head, reed valve intake and Walbro style carburettor, Jaguar CDI and a modified exhaust.
There are times when it's struggling to achieve more than 10 mph; working it's guts out.

Hmmm... I dont think you are confused about the units, but 40 km/h not mph. I believe your builds are more oriented for low speed and hauling stuff, so top speed is not your goal.

Last edited:
one thing: with the right gearing, and a two stroke motor a lot of top speed is usually attainable.

Weight is of course a factor, but I used to have a 105cc motorbike that went 180 KMH, not kidding. But of course all you need in the right gearing and high revs.

Have you guys seen the top speed of some of the low cc motorbikes? motogp is another extreme example, but shows you what low cc 2 strokers can achieve.

one thing: with the right gearing, and a two stroke motor a lot of top speed is usually attainable.

Weight is of course a factor, but I used to have a 105cc motorbike that went 180 KMH, not kidding. But of course all you need in the right gearing and high revs.

Have you guys seen the top speed of some of the low cc motorbikes? motogp is another extreme example, but shows you what low cc 2 strokers can achieve.

Yes it is a bit strange that it always gets such reactions, when a small two-stroke engine powered bike has a fairly high top speed, it is no big problem to pick out 10-20hp from 50-70cc engine, it just cost a little money and knowledge :)

Rebuilt for more speed ...... :):cool:

Attachments

• 1111111.jpg
    1111111.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 404
  • 222222222.jpg
    222222222.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 389
  • 3333.jpg
    3333.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 589
that is a very beautiful and fast looking bike. you can tell that she was built for speed.
excellent job on the mods! it looks like it can easily do 65-70 kph.

Back