Top speed my Motorized Bicycle 66cc :)

Fabian, the tone of the replies implied sarcasm and can be taken as an attack of the credibility of the original poster.

Why did you not ask for the specifics instead of having an instigating tone?

And to threaten with "oh the mods aren't going to be happy with this!", isn't that childish? You mean as adults we can't act nice and civilly on our own accord without adult policing?

I for one am glad someone took the time to share and contribute to this hobby.

I do not know the accuracy of the video, and I am generally not interested in top speed, so I won't be viewing it, but I will always reserve judgement as its not my place to judge.

65kph? I can hardly read the thing.

So low 40 mph range? Not so unfeasible with a decent engine with a pipe and a slender guy riding.

Last edited:
sorry i didn't read fabians reply properly.

either way you guys just caught each other on a bad day, but we shouldn't be calling names or instigate.

lets build and tweak bikes together people!

It's hard to ascertain a particular tone from such short messages.

We can assume Fabian is a skeptic and has probably seen many claims of top speeds that do not have a substantiating evidence. I am also a skeptic and do not believe in the precision of those small digital meters.

Do you have a GPS read-out from a smart phone? I am not calling your bluff or trying to belittle you, but it would be nice to see GPS readings with top speed claims.

It's hard to ascertain a particular tone from such short messages.

We can assume Fabian is a skeptic and has probably seen many claims of top speeds that do not have a substantiating evidence. I am also a skeptic and do not believe in the precision of those small digital meters.

Do you have a GPS read-out from a smart phone? I am not calling your bluff or trying to belittle you, but it would be nice to see GPS readings with top speed claims.

Hello! I'm not arguing with my video, with top speed. I have no GPS read-outs, but compared to cars speedometer (and gps smartphone) and it is true pretty accurate it is, of course + - even on a car speedo.
What I want to show my video is a China 66cc can go pretty fast and rew 9k if only tune the engine correctly. Then it's pretty ridiculous that someone on the other side of the world begins to question anything that the person does not have a clue about, just a lot sarkassmer and other crap

I understand your point. From your video you are obviously going faster than I have. I can only get about 40 km/h from my 66cc skyhawk straight-out-of-the-box with a 44t sprocket. Thats also at the top of a hill, and right after the engine bogs-down at full throttle.

I also understand the point of the skeptic. The issue seems to be that people will always be skeptical, and rightfully so. It seems that the only acceptable method to claim a top/high speed is to include a GPS speed and elevation graph. Fabian also mentions a wind reading, but that would be difficult to measure. Even though a you-tube video is exciting, you will always run into people who will argue with any top speed shown on a bicycle speedometer no matter how precise one believes it is.

Arguing with a skeptic in absence of further proof will never help your side of the argument.

Screenshot_2014-01-17-12-30-31.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-17-10-45-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-01-17-10-45-10.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 949
Back