My first CUSTOM build

Ok, so I see everyone building their bike I figured I'd start my own build thread in hopes that I can get some good feedback and if anything ideas on where to go with everything. Here is a pic of the jig I setup and the bike sitting in roughly the place it will stand once done. This is a one off build and will be built with chromoly tubing, a pit bike engine, and a jackshaft assembly similar to what I have seen on the motopeds.com build and sickbikeparts jackshaft setup. What I have on order that should be here in a few days: exhaust, handle bars, sprockets for wheel and jack shaft, and disk brakes. What I have now: head tube, wheels and tires, engine, seat, track ends, throttle, carb, (air filter on order). What was custom made: the rear hub which is a dual disk rear from Phil Woods..This will give me disk brakes and bolt holes for the sprocket on either side of the hub. Tires are Hookworms and Halo SAS rims with a Halo Spin doctor from hub...using a Manitou Circus front fork(really stout little fork for the price)..Using a Cane Creek headset and the head tube is a 44mm 4130 tube from paragon machine works. Whats needed: tubing(measurments for tubing), 3/4" shaft for sprockets to ride on, a custom made bottom bracket or I might decide to go with SBP wide bottom bracket setup but not sure if will be wide enough for what I need(if anyone has exact measurements of how wide it is after pedals installed that would be awesome)

Now let me know your feedback..PLEASE!! 20131229_193439.jpg

The bolt pattern looks to be a disk brake bolt pattern on both sides..the hub I have has a wider bolt pattern and bigger bolts for sprocket side. It looks like a Nice hub no question but this hub is top notch..very solid hub..6061 hub with 4130 chromoly axle and spacers...this thing is a hub to be reckoned with

pic with carb

Finally found pump for tires..man this thing is smooth..with the tires aired up correctly and the chain line setup..this thing glides down the road. Feels solid as well.

Attachments

• IMAG0727_BURST002.jpg
    IMAG0727_BURST002.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 395
  • IMAG0729.jpg
    IMAG0729.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 418
Need some honest opinions on this....GAS TANK poll....I've got three different tanks in mind...First a fully custom tank that fits in the pocket in front of engine taking on the shape of the pocket...Two: a tank that just sits on the top tube and is long(ish) and slender...Or Three: A tank that looks like a round cylinder (pill looking tank) but not as long but fairly wide diameter wise to fill the space in front of engine....

What do you guys think? (I'd create a poll but not sure how to do it on this thread)

I'll leave this running for a while before I decide but I am leaning towards that route the most as well

Exhaust idea

What do you guys think of the exhaust sitting where it's mock mounted?

Attachments

• IMAG0740.jpg
    IMAG0740.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 387
it looks great like that, but if it doesn't exit behind you you'll just be breathing whatever nasty fumes that engine feels like producing. You'll smell like those fumes too.

Do you want to look nice, or do you want to smell nice?

I don't think this would make me smell like exhaust fumes where it is located at..maybe if it was a two stroke but because it's a four stroke it's a lot cleaner. I can see you point though but don't think this will be as much of an issue because of the type of engine it is.

I find that 4 strokes do have a stink to them when run without a catalytic converter. it's not as bad as a 2 stroke, but it's definitely there.

Back