My first CUSTOM build

Ok, so I see everyone building their bike I figured I'd start my own build thread in hopes that I can get some good feedback and if anything ideas on where to go with everything. Here is a pic of the jig I setup and the bike sitting in roughly the place it will stand once done. This is a one off build and will be built with chromoly tubing, a pit bike engine, and a jackshaft assembly similar to what I have seen on the motopeds.com build and sickbikeparts jackshaft setup. What I have on order that should be here in a few days: exhaust, handle bars, sprockets for wheel and jack shaft, and disk brakes. What I have now: head tube, wheels and tires, engine, seat, track ends, throttle, carb, (air filter on order). What was custom made: the rear hub which is a dual disk rear from Phil Woods..This will give me disk brakes and bolt holes for the sprocket on either side of the hub. Tires are Hookworms and Halo SAS rims with a Halo Spin doctor from hub...using a Manitou Circus front fork(really stout little fork for the price)..Using a Cane Creek headset and the head tube is a 44mm 4130 tube from paragon machine works. Whats needed: tubing(measurments for tubing), 3/4" shaft for sprockets to ride on, a custom made bottom bracket or I might decide to go with SBP wide bottom bracket setup but not sure if will be wide enough for what I need(if anyone has exact measurements of how wide it is after pedals installed that would be awesome)

Now let me know your feedback..PLEASE!! 20131229_193439.jpg

hmmmm...shifting on the fly could pose a challenge. or at least slightly awkward. i propose a solenoid and a paddle switch... mmm, electric shift...

Shifting is easy. It's a semi automatic. I just click it to third gear and ride. No issues and way more than enough power but thinking about putting a jockey shifter but working on gas tank first.

Its a SSR pit bike engine...its in earlier posts but that is what it is. 4 stroke semi auto engine.

mocked up gas tank

Got tank tacked up and in place.next step is to punch holes for petcock and gas cap...hopefully have all done by this weekend and have kickstand in place. All aluminum by the way.

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 408
The build is finally done

Finally everything has come together. Here is the final piece. Looking to videos up soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20150113_192111.jpg
    IMG_20150113_192111.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 307
Sorry I have not put videos up.. But to update have taken it for a ride still working out the carb needs to have bigger pilot jet and main jet but have run it up to 46mph and she still had more but didn't go full speed because bike is running lean and is a new engine and don't want to be running a new engine lean. Will try and get more info up soon. Check out VegaWorx on Facebook I have some small stuff on there as well

Back