What is your favorite 35cc engine?

TLE-43 vs. TU-43 from the Mitsubishi site
on another note, while my wife is going to Japan for the summer, got her looking for a TLE-48 for me.

tle-tu43.jpg

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Staton sells a mits 43 clone cheap and has parts. He wouldn't sell them I believe if they were junk.

Hmm, probably the stuff he makes himself; I've had mixed
results with Dave. I would think he's tested 'em, but I'll
wait to hear from someone who has one. I bought a Tanaka
clone once that didn't fair so well; that made me leery of
knock-offs.

Rawly, Always a pleasure to see your response's as experience. I too have experience with Staton and all transactions were legit. Staton is a vendor you can count on......did you buy the clone from Staton? What was Dave's response? Too many folks on these forums have had interactions from that...............please explain in detail.

Dave's stuff is good, but he has on occasion tested the waters
with new products from a disappointing supplier. I won't
embarrass him by citing case in point.

Dave's stuff is good, but he has on occasion tested the waters
with new products from a disappointing supplier. I won't
embarrass him by citing case in point.

Very commendable of you Rawly. Staton is a good vendor but the Chinese knockoff engine is still hit/miss on the quality in my book. I have one of the Mitsubishi chinese knock-offs. cheap carb, uses too much fuel for my liking but decent power band. haven't put more than 200 miles on it so can't speak on the reliability aspect of it. I'll be catching up reading on your DIY belt drive build this weekend, Rawley. i'd appreciate a link for your post if you have one.

No experience with that 43cc clone, point is HS 49cc/titan is a great motor and both are Chinese.

the 43cc clone..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/290984428561?lpid=82

look at any goped site and you find them

That is not a true statement. That motor you linked to is a cheap Chinese clone motor that has been proven to have poor quality. The original Mitsubishi tle43 motor was good but nowhere near the quality of the Zenoah G43L in my opinion.

So that motor will not be found on goped sites.

So if you want a motor that will last the test of time you want this...

http://www.davesmotors.com/zenoah-g430rc-g43l-42cc-complete-engine-ga41046.html

Yes its more expensive but in the long run you save money not having to repair or replace it way sooner than the cheap clone motors.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back