1951 Whizzer Pacemaker

jbcruisin

Local time
6:52 AM
I picked up a 1951 Whizzer Pacemaker yesterday in New York. I had bought it on Ebay. I'll be busy for a long time on this one.

IMG_20131005_145202.jpgIMG_20131005_145242.jpg

You'll be busy for awhile with this one? I guess so. It's a fixer-upper for sure.

Still, it's lovable as is. No doubt it'll be even more so when you've finished with it.

I'll look forward to those photos.

The engine is at Quenton's & the parts that get painted are at Bonnie's brother's. He does all my painting. Now for the wheels.............

$700. in parts lying there. My wonderful wife says I should build it in the house. no argument from me.

Attachments

• IMG_20131220_172946.jpg
    IMG_20131220_172946.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 893
$700??? What's in the pile of parts?

You seriously need an explanation of why parts for a Whizzer cost $700, lol? I've been to Jay's house, he's got non-whizzer bikes with more than $700 in them. Heck, my 98cc Lifan bike cost $800 to build, and I picked the engine up from Jay used for $50. And since I don't know where to find an original Whizzer, I priced building one through sportsman, and we're talking around 3 grand. The best bikes ain't cheap unless you have a lot of spare parts on hand and serious fab skills, lol.

You seriously need an explanation of why parts for a Whizzer cost $700, lol? I've been to Jay's house, he's got non-whizzer bikes with more than $700 in them. Heck, my 98cc Lifan bike cost $800 to build, and I picked the engine up from Jay used for $50. And since I don't know where to find an original Whizzer, I priced building one through sportsman, and we're talking around 3 grand. The best bikes ain't cheap unless you have a lot of spare parts on hand and serious fab skills, lol.

No, I actually wanted to know what was in the pile of parts. I don't care for an explanation of the cost; people pay what they will pay for things they want. Everyone has a different threshold of what is considered reasonable.

Hi fellow Whizzer people..
I just completed a deal for a Whizzer Viking, with a H motor. It'll need some lov'n too. I'm sure you guys can help.

Attachments

• Whizzer.JPG
    Whizzer.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 977
  • 1948 Whizzer Viking.JPG
    1948 Whizzer Viking.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 944
Back