Chains Chain hitting the left wishbone

Status
Not open for further replies.
cured. and the right way! good to see the spreader in there.

other than heating...you can get away by clamps above and below the spreader, pulling in. think of it like breaking a twig over your knee. without the breaking part.... :giggle:

lesson learnt? theres a few things to look out for on any prospective frame, and kinked seat stays are one of em!

i would be keeping an eye out for a new frame asap..

Good thing you did not take your wheel off as because it would have stretched the frame where the wheel is and you would have had to sit on the frame on its side to make it fit again

This problem can be easily avoided by fitting a sickBikeParts shift kit. Why do people bother to make their life hard?

I just went through the same thing, my solution was pretty simple, fast and cheap!
I just put two washers between the dropouts and the hub on that side (coaster brake side) and it moved the entire wheel assembly over enough to clear the chain stay... easy and quick.

Well this is a reply to an older post so for those whom have already found that a 3/16'' x 1/2'' chain is lighter and will do the job you have tried that suggestion..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back