Motoped For Sale

Hey everyone, this last winter I built up a Motoped using the kit as made by ShuttleBuddy.
I finished it in the spring and promptly injured my knee fairly badly while riding it (my fault, bike was fine).
After surgery and few months of rehab, I am able to ride it again, but fear I might again damage my delicate knee. So, with pressure from my spouse, I am forced to sell.
The build cost more money than what I am asking. If you built one yourself you would come in over this amount.
I am asking $3400 for the complete bike.
Some spare parts are included, as well as the work stand, and a custom hitch mount carrier I made.
The bike runs and rides great. It only has maybe 2 hours of riding on it with limited off road use.

Here are some specs"
-All aluminum parts have been anodized black before assembly
-Fox40 Fork
-Hayes disc brakes and 8" rotors
-Lifan 125cc with semi-auto clutch, 4-speed manual trans
-Custom LED neutral indicator light
-Custom stainless steel low-exit exhaust (original exhaust pipe included
-Full set of black plastics included

For a complete set of pictures, see my flickr site here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31536204@N00/sets/72157632179121561/with/8248346403/

I am located in Portland Oregon area and would prefer to meet in person and avoid shipping this thing.
If you are interested, please Email me at zqpm1056@yahoo.com

RE:

I'm going to be honest I like the bike BUT. For one $3500.00 is too much when you can take an old steel frame bike less than 1/10 that amount. Now I like the bike but it's too heavy to peddle the fuel tank is too small and the engine by power/weight is questionable for that price range.

Attachments

• Wards Hawthorne Bicycle   eBay (1).jpg
    Wards Hawthorne Bicycle eBay (1).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 986
RE:

I like the build I'd buy it without mentioning the tires are needing replace they go over a hundred a pop for something decent.
The bikes worth what you think it is and if I did have a chance to buy it rather than build one myself from scratch I'd overlook
the cost of new tires.

Attachments

• Slipknot.png
    Slipknot.png
    860.1 KB · Views: 1,090
Nice MotoPed build, I'm just curious why you re-routed the frames exhaust.
Was that 125cc engine just to big to let it pass to the back in the middle as designed?

2_MotoPedDoneR-1280.jpg

MotoPedDoneBL.jpg

And if I can ask, where did you get that cool kick start?
We just did a little cutting and welding work on the one that came with 88cc I put in mine.

MotoPedKickstart2.jpg

They are pretty awesome machines but the pedals are cumbersome for shifting, then again you pretty much put in 3rd and it's good from a dead stop.

So, after trying to bring over to Japan for a year we gave up and the owner in Japan wants to get some money back. Super great deal and still in shipping boxes when original owner packed it for me. Make offer, bike is now garaged in box up at mount hood villages area. Email tracmori@aol.com

So you still have the Motoped?
Price, pix, I am up in Ontario Canada, but wiling to drive to get her!
thank you
Gord
parallax@vianet.ca is my email
705-385-1203 but email is best and easiest

Nice bike but in my opinion that's on a whole different level from a MAB. Imagine a 12 year old kid getting one of those for xmas.:)

Nice bike but in my opinion that's on a whole different level from a MAB. Imagine a 12 year old kid getting one of those for xmas.:)
Hehehe, I can't even picture a 12 YO even getting on a MotoPed, let alone operate it!

I let my 24 YO 6'4" 200# son ride mine and he wrecked right away, a car cut him off.
He was OK and the bike was only a 'little' beat up, but the drivers insurance covered everything and where it gets funny...

Her insurance adjuster came by to talk about the bike damage to get an estimate and the guy was cool as can be!

"I tried to get an estimate of the value of a MotoPed build and everything points to you as the source for information!"
That was the only time in my life when I set the price of my settlement.

He 'totaled it' and I got over $3K, fixed it good as new and re-sold it for over another $1K.

I hated to ride the thing but I didn't loose money on it ;-}

Back