Which ebike models (manuafacturers?) have more problems than the others?

Winslow

Local time
4:52 PM
I'm looking to buy an electric bike (hybrid) within the next six months -- not a kit. I've been reading about them, reviews and manufacturer technical info, and need some advice. I know the axiom "you get what you pay for" is many times true but are there any ebike manufacturers/models out there that I should stay away from? Over-priced or problematic ebikes? I'm willing to pay a decent price. Well maybe I don't want to pay $5K, but I'm willing to go half or two-thirds of that if necessary.

FYI: I'm male, retired, 62 yrs old, 6'2", 185 lbs, and pretty healthy and strong for my age.

I will tell you some that have a good rep. Ampedbikes.com (except the bottle shaped lithium battery pack). Ebike-kit.com also has a good rep.

I will tell you some that have a good rep. Ampedbikes.com (except the bottle shaped lithium battery pack). Ebike-kit.com also has a good rep.
Thanks for the info -- I saved it in my note file. I'm looking more at complete bikes but who knows when I might change my mind, eh?

Back