is this a good kit?

Donegal town? No never taken it into the city. The most busy place i been was Mallow on paddy's day just before the parade. I might take it into cork yet for the laugh.

letterkenny. i'd say if a shade seen ya driven around the city you'd be stopped fairly lively! it would be good craic tho! do you live near mallow?

yea close enough to mallow but in dublin during the week. i used to live in letterkenny for a while. nice spot like, i wouldnt mind going back there if i could get work there

once upon a time mb's like the velosolex were common here but id say people just stopped using them and converted to cars. I dont think there was a day everyone was requiredto hand in their toys. maybe im only being paranoid about getting stopped

i used to live in glenville a few years ago what an absolute ****ehole! yeah letterkenny is good no work tho! most of the old mopeds required a licence and tax tho and probably insurance. even tho i have passed about 6 or 7 squad cars now i still fear getting stopped and having my bike taken!

I know a lad who used to fix the oldschool mb's ill ask him what the story was with them. There was a lad doing the rounds in Dublin with a mb (HT type engine) and he claimed to never have bother but then he would do that since he was selling them. I wouldnt fancy it though.

I would be very surprised if you had bother in Letterkenny though unless u were caught acting the bollix or caused an accident

Hopefully next week I will have the electric wheel kit installed. have the batteries and the wheel is after arriving in cork

Alright I installed the kit last week and had a go off it there a couple of days ago just around the estate to test, didn't take it onto the road yet as I had no lights and there is still plenty wrong with it.

The biggest problem with it so far is the battery's willingness to fall out of the bag they supplied. They all fricking fell out just as I was bringing the bike back inside but thankfully none of them broke. I will have to fabricate some sort of a box and mount the batteries directly onto the baggage carrier and not have them sitting loose in the bag. I am also going to change the brake cables and things as the bike itself is in a bit of a sorry state

This yoke has better acceleration than the petrol bike I have (GX25) but not sure about the top speed yet. I'll try and upload a few pics tomorrow :)

Back