is this a good kit?

Looks like a conhuis (sp?) but it's hard to tell. Definitely Chinese. Conhuis kits get mixed reviews. You might find a review on endless-sphere.com. Looks good for an EBay kit.

Not something I would roll, but I'm biased towards middys.

Some of the ES guys like these for an inexpesive starter kit.

Don't know if you'd considered a mid-drive, the "450 watt" brushless kit from gngebike.com may be worth checking out. Although, if you're planning to do some heavier off-road work, the kit needs just about everything upgraded, except the motor (which is apparently built more like a 1000w motor); Lighter dirt/gravel and street riding they seem to be passable. V2 may be better but I haven't read anything on it yet.

Also, maybe take a look through ebikes.ca. Justin produces the Cycle Analyst, and sells a number of kits as well as parts.

Any particular reason you're going with 36v? You'll get more motor speed from 48v and won't need to handle as much current to achieve the same amount of output.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yeah, it's 80 euro more, but it goes through the gears man! However, I also understand sticking to regs and all that on the wattage.

I wouldn't bother with that pack, you'd need like forty of them to have any range... and that would be a lot wires to work up. I'd go with something with a higher capacity and with more cells to each pack.

And since you're asking about that aspect of things, I suggest you head over and start reading up at the endless-sphere.

I'm after ordering the 800W version of this and a set of 7Ah lead-acid UPS batteries. From what I've heard this type of kit is fairly decent, only ever seen one in the flesh though and not sure if it's the same manufacturer

Will let you know in a few weeks if it's any good !

how much was it? good to see another corkonian on here! you ever get stopped by the law yet?

Not a bit of bother. Have you? I have only used the petrol bike in culchie land realy but wouldnt chance it in dublin because everyone is out to get you in the big city. That is why i got this kit, all the bike rickshaw lads on grafton street are using powered front wheels so it shouldnt cause bother for me either.

250e for the kit and 60 for batteries

do you drive it around the city in cork? i live in donegal now not half as many cops around but i have passed a good few squad cars and haven't been stopped yet.

Back