locking clutch leaver

B

blompod

I didnt use the stock clutch leaver as a bought one is so much better, better pull, feel, quality. Now how to lock it back for ide tuning etc. I thought of a heavy gauge wire and bending two hooks in it to hook back the leaver when needed. Just a thought so far. What do you guys think?

that would work. i use about an inch of old bicycle innertube... rolled up...makes a tough rubberband.

Why not just buy a locking break lever from your LBS? They're cheap (under $15 for a pair) and they work great. The levers and cables that come with these kits are junk and the first things I replace...Kelly

I replaced the cable in the locking lever during m ybuild but it's time I got a whole new one.

I did look at one from my LBS and it was a bit dodgy too. theres no need to lock it back while your out hey? unless the motor was playing up and you needed pedal power home, then I guess you could just hold it in while you pedaled. Im still in the process of building so not up on the riding as yet.

IMO: with no neutral, you're gonna want to be able to lock the clutch out.

i have the alloy locking lever that came with my kit, far as i'm concerned it's just fine 8)

thanks guys also my 50cc is in the bike but Im away from it for a couple of weeks, I took out the plug and sprayed heaps of wd40 in there just incase any moisture found its way in there while i was away. is that cool? wouldnt hurt anything?

Back