Jaguar CDI upgrade

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
yes that's all there is to it.

"The internal coil inside the magneto cover stays and you swap out the stock cdi with the new one and bolt the coil to the frame and reattach the connectors and it's ready to go rite? "

Hi Juguar and group.

I build a cdi from schematics i found on another site. It works, but looking for more updated version

What is the most up to date version available here?

This is version i have built

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=50044
Screenshot_2015-07-27-10-34-56.jpg

Last edited:
So what home build cdi's do people here prefer for regular riding?

I built the one two posts up, but i want to build the one in last post. It looks more advanced with the 5th jumper.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

both have a big error. If you want it done right then buy the Jaguar CDI. By much experience and using my CDI timing tester I refined it to the Nth degree.

I'm sorry but I sell the CDI to make profit and so I don't make it easy for people to bypass me.
If I was rich I would but I am trying to make a living.
I was the first person to announce the possibility of using a better design along with a high voltage coil from a motorcycle, and shortly thereafter I started selling them. The ignition system is a weak link in the original design, especially if you increase the compression.

in other words its the same circuit, hastily made on veroboard (no PCB or potting compound??) put in a box accompanied by shameless self promotion.

the fact has been pointed out in other places at other times, and yes, the open source schematic that is "made for profit" is freely available elsewhere.

the only "error" in the schematics, is that you mentioned wanting to make one, and asked for advice from someone with vested interests in what is, once again, open source, common property, un-patented, un-licensed, un-authorized in any manner...

this is yet another case of the proverbial goose chase, nothing more.

said it so many times...why waste time frigging around with what achieves little if anything at all?

from the sounds of it, you expect to be popping wheelies by the addition of an ignition system?

all you may achieve is better soldering and/or component sourcing therefore some marginal increase in reliability. usually not, unless you pot your circuit.

anyone with half a brain can see the two schematics so far posted are the same... take a real close look...oh, lets see...4.7 uf...oh, .47 uf! oh my, 1k and 33 ohm and a diode...what else? each and every component?

learn how the circuit works and modify it yourself is the best procedure...there is no "updated" schematic because THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT.

Back