California Call To Arms For A Fastbike Law.

My original proposals went to the L.A. City Council. I brought an ebike and explained it to them and also showed it being ridden safely and highlighted my comments.

Anyhow, it will be a bit, but I have pushed hard for this to become a trial reality and it appears on its way. I'll update this more once I get word from the LA CC on what the LA DOT decides as it is in their court right now.
Well done!

Well it is not a total loss yet. This allows municipalities to adjust and set laws too. It is a set back but it is something that can be challenged and perhaps changed later so I will remain optimistic here. Thanks for the heads up though. I still will work on getting them legalized here in the L.A. area and perhaps at a later time the State Senator's group can help with that.

.....and if that's not enough for you take a look at this flippin mess, AB-1096! [http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201520160AB1096

Matthew Harper ASSemblyman from Huntington Beach California and why is he sponsoring this bill to criminalize what currently is legal? He is sponsored by Pedego Pedal ASSist ebikes that can get to only 20mph and cost $3,500 on average. I don't think I can spell corruption any better than this. Well, regardless, I will continue to ride my ebikes and enjoy them. Because he is a Republican, there is a possibility his bill could fail or be appended in the near future so I shall remain optimistic about it all and enjoy what I have invested in when it was legal.

Good news maybe bad news. Just talked to Harper's offices and AB875 is dead! But on AB 1096 is being pushed by David Chiu's office whom Harper teamed up with. It may be possible to get it appended. I will be in email discussions with Chiu's representative.

Talking to the assmblyman's office about the bill, they are interested. By the way, Currie Technologies is responsible for this. Spread the word to not buy their products anymore. If you don't buy their cheap junk, they won't be able to kill motorized bikes for their profits.

The assemblyman is David Chiu (God Bless Me). His guy Judson handling the bill before committee, I got to him and am engaging him. He has all of my comments and seems interested though has mentioned it probably will go through. Now for some news you may or may not know.

The bill is financed by Currie Technologies (it has been suggested) in Chatsworth California. The CEO of Currie sits on the committee that crafted this monster bill. It effectively also will kill Chatsworth rival Hipowercycles who mainly makes off-trail ebikes. The very reason in my humble opinion this bill even exists is to short-term benefit the niche and dwindling sales market of pedal-asist only ebikes that Currie and others have been forced down to.

The sad thing that I see here is that had they opened bike paths to all bikes whether motored or not by simply posting a maximum speed limit and regulating it that way, it would have at least let the ebike industry grow long term. By the way all my fellow GBikers you ain't off the hook either. After the Pedal Assist ebike companies get the throttle ebikes killed, they will most certainly look to get the corrupted state government to ace you out as well. Just that the ebike pedal assist niche companies are getting rid of the immediate threat within their own genre of bikes before they come after you. Greed knows no bounds!

As for David Chiu's offices here is his number. Might be a slim chance to stop it but will require massive phone calls (Always be polite). I would suggest gbikers help out too. 916-319-2017 AB1096 guy handling this bill for committee is named Judson True. Cool name.

AB1096 passed committee on April 29th. The end of ebikes in California, it was a great 1KW bike while it lasted. By the way my fellow G'Bikers which includes some neighbors here who went gas. The same group of rats have you targeted as well and probably carbon pedal bikes too. After all if they can criminalize electric bikes with throttles, they can easily criminalize anything. Thank the CEO of and Currie Technologies for this horrible bill. They killed the bike biz so they can sell their dying niche products. I would never and I mean this folks, spread the word, never buy a pedal assist bike product especially from Currie Technologies or Gepededo either. Put pedal assist bike manufacturers out of business by not spending your money on their limited expensive products. If you want to go faster than 20MPH, buy a Schwinn hybrid from Walmart with 21 speeds and get a workout.

Back