Jaguar CDI Ignition

cosworth

Local time
9:16 AM
Just received this product from JNMotors w/o instruction. I've located the instruction within this forum but want to substitute the odd looking plug cap that came with the unit. The plug cap is not as pictured in Jaguar's info page and seems to be an over kill for the application. Does anyone know if I can substitute an old fashioned Rajah right angle plug connector for what came with the package? rajah-screw-terminal-right-angle-bakalite-cage---as-sos.jpg

I'm not at all keen on the standard plug lead and cap that comes with the Jaguar CDI.

I replace it with an inductive spark plug lead and boot (which fits much better), like the Magnecor spark plug lead sold by SickBikeParts.

I'm not at all keen on the standard plug lead and cap that comes with the Jaguar CDI.

I replace it with an inductive spark plug lead and boot (which fits much better), like the Magnecor spark plug lead sold by SickBikeParts.

Thanks for your input. Just out of curiosity what do you think of the Jaguar CDI? Did it smooth out your engines performance?

I think that the Jaguar is an essential item for the mechanical reliability of the engine as well as giving some level of improved smoothness. Using the lowest ignition curve produces a noticeable improvement in smoothness.

I have two Jaguar CDI's installed on my bike so i can easily toggle between high and low ignition curves when i'm messing around with different cylinder heads.

I think that the Jaguar is an essential item for the mechanical reliability of the engine as well as giving some level of improved smoothness. Using the lowest ignition curve produces a noticeable improvement in smoothness.

I have two Jaguar CDI's installed on my bike so i can easily toggle between high and low ignition curves when i'm messing around with different cylinder heads.

Thanks, I appreciate your input.