Electric board track racer

Rear hub motors are faster only because you can safely mount a more powerful motor on the back. People usually don't mount motors over 500w on the front wheel, because you can damage or ruin the fork. Sellers usually recommend that only steel forks (no aluminum crown) be used with 500w motors. You can find suspension forks with a steel crown, but they mostly have 1" threaded steer tubes.
I would use a torque arm whether you mount the motor on the front or back. They aren't expensive and prevent damage and accidents.

There are mid-drive kits on the market. Hubs are cool in their ease of use, but I've had fun with my non-hub electric setup.

P5030042.jpg

It uses the sickbikeparts.com freewheel, a gearbox from Andymark (robot parts) and a Turnigy G160 (2700w or 3.75hp) from hobbyking.

I finished my eBike a couple of weeks ago. I would recommend getting a Golden Motors 1000w rear hub. It's super clean and the controller is built into the rear hub. I rode a front wheel drive eBike and it felt weird going around a corner at full throttle.
I love my eBike because its low maintenance. I've got over 200+ miles on my bike and although I check my bike over before I ride, nothing has came loose or broke unlike my gasser.

That's cool, I hear good stuff about that motor, for the most part. Myself, I have no interest in hub-motors for my own use after running and RC motor through the gears, not as stealth but still a lot of fun. Now, running a frame/mid-mounted hub motor, on the other hand, is the something I want to try. The available torque is supposed to be impressive.

As it is, though, I've since converted this bike to gas, but plan on installing a supplemental electric drive. So it'll be a parallel hybrid then, I guess.

Back