Electric board track racer

bromoto

Local time
1:33 AM
There is a company who makes classic looking 66cc board track racer bicycles. They are called "Derringer".
Derringer-bike2.jpg

So my thought is instead of a gas or gas/oil mixture type bike. but have it be electric but go off this same style bike.....

Any thoughts?

thanks.

I've seen a few and they look cool. Here is a pic of one.

Last edited:
wheelbender6- I like that one alot. I like the look of fixed gear bicycles. However, due to the fixed gear means i have to constantly pedal even when the electric motor is on. Although I want to know if i use a 1000w front hub motor then could I get away with not pedaling?

You should be able to spin off your fixed gear cog from the rear wheel and replace with a BMX freewheel cog so that you can coast.
A hub motor on the front should work. If you prefer range over speed, get a small, internally geared hub motor rated at 350-450w. if range is not that important, mount the 1000w hub motor and hang on.

thanks man, i'll look into a bmx freewheel cog...and i like range but also want to enjoy some speed too....guess I just want the best of both worlds.

have a look on sickbikeparts.com for freewheel cogs, they make a "shift kit" for petrol bikes that uses the same principle and im pretty sure you can buy the freewheel seperately

So, i've decided to go with a fixie. Walmart has one for $99.95, contacted a local bike shop and for $20 they will install a freewheel sprocket. only question now is can I still install a rear hub motor, with the rear sprocket still allow it to be a freewheel?

I would stick with a front hub motor for simplicity, and it looks like a big drum brake. If you want to use a rear hub motor, you can get them with a gear cluster on them.

thanks wheelbender, you really have alot of good information for me. I've read that front hubs are good as long as you use a torque arm to secure the front wheel on....in case it doesnt fly off while riding...

However i've also read that you can get more performance and power with a rear hub? is that true?

Back