Fuel Mixture gas/oil mix 6oz ??

oldpot

Local time
1:14 PM
i got a 49cc +plus bike from Craigslist few weeks back and there was 1/4 tank of gas in it , now i don't know how long this gas been in there as now i only drove about 5 miles with it so far (due to sorting registration for it )now i found a bit of paper in a bag that the gentleman wrote on saying(( 7-17-2009 started 3rd gallon of gas @6oz to 1 gallon of gas odo mile was 197 miles ))i looked at 16/1 is 8oz of oil ???so what is 6oz even the 2 gallon gas can he gave me says 6oz to gallon on it ? and the odo meter now only reads 398 miles ,so in 4 years he drove just short of 200 miles so wonder if this is same gas or he not put much more in and if the gas been stood for a while saying that the bike runs jumpy to start it up then runs ok until i get to 23mpg then it seams its struggling to get power but then again i not took it out for long run , but hope that i will next week , i got some gas for a tiller @ 50/1mix can i put that in and see if it will run better or what do i been to check .and what does a 4 year old 49cc run like ???.

Fuel oil mix brakein

i got a 49cc +plus bike from Craigslist few weeks back and there was 1/4 tank of gas in it , now i don't know how long this gas been in there as now i only drove about 5 miles with it so far (due to sorting registration for it )now i found a bit of paper in a bag that the gentleman wrote on saying(( 7-17-2009 started 3rd gallon of gas @6oz to 1 gallon of gas odo mile was 197 miles ))i looked at 16/1 is 8oz of oil ???so what is 6oz even the 2 gallon gas can he gave me says 6oz to gallon on it ? and the odo meter now only reads 398 miles ,so in 4 years he drove just short of 200 miles so wonder if this is same gas or he not put much more in and if the gas been stood for a while saying that the bike runs jumpy to start it up then runs ok until i get to 23mpg then it seams its struggling to get power but then again i not took it out for long run , but hope that i will next week , i got some gas for a tiller @ 50/1mix can i put that in and see if it will run better or what do i been to check .and what does a 4 year old 49cc run like ???.

I have been told that it is 16/1 for 500Km Brake in then it goes to 3% and of 32-1 after 500KM

Looks like he mixed @ 24:1 which is a good break-in ratio. I'd dump it and start fresh, as gas spoils after about 3 months.You're just asking for trouble using old gas, the octane will be way down, and sludge and varnish will be way up. Keep a close eye on the crank seals, they don't age well, and will cause a loss of compression, losing a lot of power. Try to find ethanol-free gas, ethanol not good in a 2 stroker.

I have been told that it is 16/1 for 500Km

Brake in then it goes to 3% and of 32-1 after 500KM
That is bad info from the Chinese motor factories that keeps getting spread by newbies.

16 to 1 ratio is 8 oz of oil to a gallon which is way too much.
Will make your motor and exhaust a big oily mess and carbon it up and not run cleanly.

Don't use more than 6 oz of oil in the first gallon and even that much is not necessary.

I prefer a LOT of oil at the start to slide over rough spots and push them flat like a steam roller rather than shear them off. I go to 32:1 pretty quickly tho. These are not machined like american parts.

Finnished my Conversion.

32:1 from the start, break in has nothing to do with oil
Your right 65mL/1L gave be a foul mess with combination of Blue and White smoke and a Oil fouled plug I think it is not running hot enough 4 Hours and 6KM later. so it is 45mL/1L right? At lease it let me know that my Plug was not in tight enough. and it will not screw in straight and what you might say I did screw it in by Hand and it went in easy. I still can't get it running choke off. I'v Tightened the cable and Adjusted the Idle screw. they say to turn it all the way in and then let it out 4 and 1/2 turns but I still cant get it to run with out a 20% choke. and I still have to get it up to 11Km/h to get the engine not to buck like a bronco.:mad: Do I have the chain too tight? I have seen people rig up a floating chain tension device... it is just a bar and an Adjustable spring and the pulley on the end of the Bar. Also they tell you to not use synthetic... I am assuming this is because It dose not Vaporize at Normal engine temperature. so the guys at the shop that I bought the kit from gave me semi synthetic. and I guess I just keep adding less oil. I guess the Min is 4ounces/Gallon right?

Last edited:
Ok so what would You recommend? I have never Owned a Murder cycle let alone a 2 stroke the closest I have been is a 50cc 4 Cycle on a Kart. And Yes I fell off today but that was my foolishness I tried to start the engine peddling once all I did was fall on my side and Smash my throttle grip:rolleyes: and I work in Litres not gallons so My current is 16/1 and 65ml to 1 Litre should I reduce it by 10 mL say 55ml to 1 Litre or is it even less I was given a Bottle for mesuring but It is all on Imperial and I am a Metric Boy...

Back