Sponsors

Tom

Local time
2:18 PM
Hey guys,

Just a quick note about that ebay search box you now see at the top...

I am trying to recover costs of web hosting, domains, e-mail, stickers, etc. so I placed that searchbox at the top.

If you are going to buy or sell something on ebay, make sure you used search box in the last 30 days. I get a small part of the commission that ebay takes... It won't cost you anything extra, it simply gives me credit for the "Referral".

Also, I am trying to raise money for more stickers, more bandwidth, maybe even t-shirts etc.

Thanks!

If you have any questions or comments, just let me know!!

Also, the search box should NOT be covering the "Motor-Bicycles.com" text... If it is, hit REFRESH.

One way we raise money for expenses on a car forum I'm involved with is for members to start online auction threads. They put something up for bid for a week or so and the winner sends the money directly to the forum admin. Then the item is shipped to the winner. It's a form of donations where everyone wins....we get rid of extra junk, someone gets something they want, and the site benefits from the "donation". One man's trash is another man's treasure. 8)

Many of us at a couple forums in particular have been members for 10 or more years and have become very close friends. The forum is our place to hang out and keep those friendships alive in the times we can't visit each other in person. We would have a huge empty spot in our lives without the forum so we share in the responsibility of keeping it alive. Of course many of us directly donate a little too.

Just some thoughts...

Thanks for running the board and giving us a place to talk motor bikes Tom. I'm a big ebayer so I'll use the link quite a bit :D

that's a good idea! I know I have some trash/treasures lying around.
could also work for services too. for instance, wheel lacing? (not me...lol)
trouble shooting....whatever?

Dave

Thanks guys, I am glad everyone understands.

I am trying to keep the ads to a minimum, but at the same time I would like to have them visible so that they get used. Its sometimes hard to find a balance between the 2.

Personally, I have seen forums and websites that are so cluttered with ads, I navigate away immediately. Those places just suck. I am glad pop-ups are no more with all the pop-up blockers they have these days. Those were the worst!

Tom

Good idea Tom. Have to pay for the site and stickers and stuff. I would really like a T-shirt. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Ok guys, I don't like the idea of having ads on our forum, but I went ahead and put a box of "related" ads at the bottom of the forum. Hopefully it won't get in anyones way, and it will help generate a few extra bucks to save up for stickers and t-shirts and other fancy things.

truth be told, peeps, it's gonna be like our own personal shopper, 'cuz the links will always be something at least a lil bit relevant to our schtuff, so click away!! 8)

cool smilies, eh? :D

TIP: Tom tried to get the links to open a new winder, to no avail...so if ya right-click the link, then left-click "open in new window" you'll be able to stay here while yas shop around 8)

make sure you don't click on the links just cause you want to get us a few cents. Google has some high-tech ways of figuring out if people do that and I can get in trouble if you do!

Back