Schwinn Meridian with Honda GX35 powered Stanton gearbox

It has been over 12 years since I quit scroll sawing, my health went south and I never got back into it.

Your wood carvings look great, and the wife especially liked your pen & ink horses.

We always had horses in Alaska and Wyoming when the kids were home, taught them responsibility. I sure miss those week long pack trips we took as family, was when a high wall tent and a wood burning sheepherder folding stove became home for a while.

Some of the horses and times here at link: http://hstrial-rchambers.homestead.com/Index.html

Some of the horses and times here at link: http://hstrial-rchambers.homestead.com/Index.html

One time, I and a friend of mine, when about thirteen or fourteen, were watching some guys shoot muzzle loaders up above Pine Flat Dam. KA_BOOOM! Yow! Powerful!

Then, while eating lunch, we saw (almost at our feet) one of the coyotes they shot. Took the head clean off. Colin and I were like, "Those things aren't rifles, they are hand held cannons!" (Took our appetite away though. Kinda gross.)

Then I got a chance to shoot one. One of my cousins is a gunsmith, and he also just, plain, makes rifles from scratch. It was weird. It was like archery. I had to follow the target, giving lots of lead, imagining this arced trajectory, and my shoulder--in addition to my ears and nose--KNEW I'd fired.

Cool stuff, man.

it has been a year now since you first posted this. How has the bike held up? Any spoke or wheel problems? I am thinking about doing the same build as you have. I already have a staton chain drive unit on a bicycle and I think the trike would be a little handier.

Health problems one after another, at 75 this getting old is not all it's made out to be.

No problems with trike to date. Went for a 40 mile jaunt today on old Route 66. 70 degrees, saw two coyotes, very little traffic and trike performed great, takes hills like a goat, rattled my bones a bit but just kept it slow and easy.

Back