Schwinn Meridian with Honda GX35 powered Stanton gearbox

That is cool as heck, great job. How much $ total in that rig?

$269.00 for bike, $540.00 for Staton kit and shipping, little less than $100.00 for lights. Now see new improved tires and tubes in the offing, as this is goathead central, with little over 200 miles and already five flats.,

Try some tire liners thats the trick to no mo flats, plus thorn resistant tubes.

Just ordered from Amazon LLC, 3 Avenir Thorn-Resistant Schrader valve MTB tubes (26 x 1.95-2.125) at $9.95 each and 3 Kenda K908 Pathfinder Wire Bead Bicycle Tires, Blackwall, 26-Inch x 1.95-Inch. $9.25 each. As have Amazon Prime, free shipping.

Would the OEM tubes do service as tire linners, and if so, is there a trick for installation?

Kinda nuts, Sears wants $45.00 for the same tire.

http://www.sears.com/kenda-k908-pat...edirect=true&sLevel=0&redirectType=SKIP_LEVEL

KENDA Kenda K908 Pathfinder Wire Bead Bicycle Tire, Blackwall, 26-Inch x 1.95-Inch
Sears Item# SPM7270199908 | Model# K908BK

$45.00

Last edited:
Day trip on Route 66 near the Colorado River in Arizona, ya’ll get a break, no pics of me, as was winging it alone. Not sure I can get used to this 160 mpg transportation.

P1010535.JPG

P1010534.JPG

Last edited:
This one is two alternators in one, 12vac and 3.6vac. With a full wave rectifier, the pulsating 12vdc then charges a small 7amp SLA battery.

http://www.amazon.com/Bike-Bicycle-Dynamo-Generator-12V/sim/B000OBWMGK/2

The full wave rectifier which converts 12vac to pulsating 12vdc is in center of pic.

With the battery, one does no need capacitor or regulator, as the battery is self regulationg

P1010518.JPG

Last edited:
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Nice piece of kit, didn't know such a thing existed. It's probably too mucky over here for me to use a bottle dynamo of any sort though :( You could probably get away with using a 1.2Ah battery if you're charging it anyway as there does be a bit of weight in those 7Ah ones or are you planning to run more stuff off it?

Back