Exhaust Exhaust silencers

That clamp on size (1+5/16") is 1/2" too wide for the standard header pipe if you wanted to cut off the standard silencer to replace it, which I think would be a terrible decision. The stock silencer works fine.

The standard silencer (with centre tube removed) on a standard engine works just fine.
Attach 2.5 feet of high temperature, chemical resistant silicone hose to the muffler outlet and the exhaust will be virtually silent.

The next issue is trying to reduce the intake noise, which is substantial when the exhaust is virtually silent, under load.

The silicone hose i have on my bike has a specification of being heat resistant and chemical resistant; maintaining it's flexibility under those conditions.

Silicone hose seems to absorb noise particularly well.

No. You need to visit a specialty store that sells hosing/tubing for the medical or food production or petrochemical production industry.

The specifications you want are: 1/2 inch internal diameter (2.5 feet long), clear high temperature, chemical resistant, soft silicone hose. Just do a seach for this type of product online; finding a suitable supplier in your location.

http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/Silicone-Tubing-comes-in-nearly-50-sizes-586414

Back