My new trike project will be a screamer!

the 2nd last pic...something looks different... White trike or Chrome Trike?

Not sure what photo, but no Jackshaft.

The white trike has a 49 tooth custom sprocket from Rebel Gear and 17mm Hub adapter.
The Chrome tike has a trike hub (see photo below), 44 tooth sprocket and a clam shell hub adapter.
trike.jpg

I prefer 2 wheels personally.
20131001_160510.jpg20131001_163745.jpg

this one.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=51387&d=1387458452

try as i can, i keep seeing a sprocket about 6 inches in front of the axle... just sort behind the front of the rear wheel but it cant possibly be on the actual axle! about where it would be if that frame was standard and not a trike... if i look really closely, it seems to then have a short length of chain to the axle, as well as the standard pedal chain...

maybe im just seeing things and it isnt a sprocket at all. its not terribly clear :)

not too worry, they still look good :)

Hey thanks guys. I have been eyeing that chrome rear end for trike conversion and I think I might chuck the Meridian rear end and replace it with this one. I measured the inside of the Meridian at about 5 inches and they say the conversion kit should work, just the two bolts and the chain set up and it is done. So I am thinking this plus the 26 inch hollow hub wheels should hold up better. The problem is a combination of weight plus speed. Speed is probably the bigger factor though my front hub motor does all the pulling actually. If worse comes to worse, I might chuck the Meridian and just get a cheap chrome cruiser and build it custom from there, but I suspect this will work so gonna give it a shot at least. Will post on it as it happens. Link to the kit...gotta pay almost 10 percent tax plus shipping...SUCKS!!! http://store.fuhuastore.com/trtrcokitch1.html

Well was able to make the custom back work, still have the two chains way too tight. Going to fix that in the next week or two. Will report back once I nail this.

The kit did not work out. Going to transfer the electric hub and system to a new lightweight two wheeled bike. The schwinn meridian is a very bad tricycle to purchase.

Back