Bicycle Cargo Trailer

Samdallas214

Local time
7:10 PM
I will be ordering a new Bicycle Cargo Trailer to replace an old POS one I have now, works but just to small.

This one will haul up to 180 pound most BCT will not haul half that and cost $200.+
this one will cost me $100-$110.00 total including shipping

what do you thank , they have them with 16" tires for $100.00
or 20" Tires for $110.00
There's a little difference in the trailers design, but other then tire size all other spec are the same and the haul space is the same on both BCT.

Witch tire size is better ?
I would thank the 20" tires would be better and more stable and well worth the $5.00 extra per tire, but never know.

this is there 16" Tire Size Cargo Trailer for $100.00

BikeTrailer3.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140905190767?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

20" Tires $110.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aosom-Elite...833&pid=100015&prg=1085&rk=1&sd=121035083440&

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Pretty cool, may have to get one myself someday.I'd go for the 20", if nothing else the ease of finding tires/tubes.

I've built several recumbent bikes and trikes and really like 20 inch BMX tires and wheels. BMX parts need to be tough because they are expected to be abused. There are lots of tire choices. Also, the photos look like the 20 inch version has more spokes.

Yep, I'll agree. 20" is better. It'll handle bumps better too.

I notice the second trailer has reinforcing bars on the outside of the tire. There are some very high end trailers that get around that, but for the less expensive trailer, I think it's a tougher design. It also means you can easily replace the wheels with other bicycle wheels, so you won't have to buy anything special.

I was looking on Amazon for another trailer myself, and I found one called

oops! Hit the wrong button! The one I found by the same company is this one. It has sides, but no cover. All the covers on all my trailers have either had zippers break or became torn, so I don't like soft covers any more. But that's just me.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Pretty neat little trailers all. Would be great for doing some extended cruising, tent and other camping gear, food, few spare parts, talk about doing a vacation on the cheap, this would rate near the top.

Last edited:
I was going to get that one but,I did not get that one because of the 110 pound maximum lode the ones I posted have a 180 pound max lode.
I'm planning in adding reinforcement on all 4 sides regard of witch one i got .
As far as the cover there fine for now , I can sew so I will be making my own any ways

I was going to get that one but,I did not get that one because of the 110 pound maximum lode the ones I posted have a 180 pound max lode.

Oh. I did not notice the load capacity was that different. Yeah, that's important. I've found in practice that I rarely exceed 75 pounds though. One time, I did see a picture of a guy hauling a piano on a home-made trailer!

Last edited:
I gotta add something now. I've been researching trailer design because I'm thinking of building one as a welding project. One point that the engineers keep saying is that smaller wheels are stronger! Looking at the designs of Surlys and BoBs, I see that they use small wheels. Those are expensive, well made trailers. Another, less expensive trailer is the M-Wave luggage trailer. It has good reviews for toughness, and again, 16" wheels.

Back