Hello, Working on my new build (trike)

yellowbeard

Local time
2:09 PM
Got a few more things to do to her. Running a 5hp B&S. Tell me what you think. Running a 10 tooth on the clutch and a 54 on the rear.

Attachments

• new bike pics 2 002.jpg
    new bike pics 2 002.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 665
  • new bike pics 2 004.jpg
    new bike pics 2 004.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 648
  • new bike pics 2 005.jpg
    new bike pics 2 005.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 666
wow..that looks cool..I'd lube that chain..just a thought..are do you have much adjustment for tightening the chain on the motor mount? I think this thing could pull some nice wheelies if that motor is tuned to respond at the touch of the throttle..tks for posting it..look foward to seeing and hearing more about it

Racie35. do you have first hand experience of the gearing?
I want to put a Honda GX120 motor on my Trike, and trying to decide on gearing, with 24" tires.
Thanks for any info.

yes...and thats whats on mine......it wont be able to move easy without somewhere around 13-1. Mines 24" tires also and wouldnt move(just slipped the clutch) at 7-1. Trikes are scary when fast though so maybe gear deeply for a topend of 20mph or under.
Racie35. do you have first hand experience of the gearing?
I want to put a Honda GX120 motor on my Trike, and trying to decide on gearing, with 24" tires.
Thanks for any info.

yes...and thats whats on mine......it wont be able to move easy without somewhere around 13-1. Mines 24" tires also and wouldnt move(just slipped the clutch) at 7-1. Trikes are scary when fast though so maybe gear deeply for a topend of 20mph or under.

Are you saying you have a GX120 on your trike? What brand Trike? Mines a Trailmate Desoto.
What sprockets do you use? Performance?
Any Pics? Just got the trike yesterday, and trying to decide how to power the wheel. If I put a large pulley on the non pedaled wheel, I need to cut the frame, and reinforce it, but it would be the cleanest setup. The end of the axle sticks out past the colar about 2" and has a keyway.
Thanks for any info.

I also wouldn't mind pedaling a few feet to get started, if it would allow me to cruise (flat ground) at about 15 mph at a low (quiet) rpm.

Back