The Spookytooth message board

E

Edward

I logged in on the spookytooth site figuring after reading all the drama, trauma, wingnut articles, and over 300 bikes sold, that it would be a pretty lively board. Not, seriously some sections have no posts. If you have a spare moment to contribute to the color of the place, I think the people of this small company carried the motorized bicycle flag into battle with the powers that be, and could use a little support. Those Monarch springer replica fork are pretty nifty too. -Edward

pardon me if i take your post a bit personal, but...

i think Tom's meteoric success here is due to this forum being "non-vendor-specific"...MotoredBikes.com supports
the entire industry/movement 8)

instead of asking this forum to support someone else's forum, why don't you try inviting spookytooth to link to our
obviously successful & active messageboard? after all, spookytooth already seems to be widely accepted & well supported right here on Motor-Bicycles.com :)

we have a "vendor's corner" forum waiting for it's first participant. they would be a welcome addition to our movement :D

Yeah, it is pretty dead over there. I really like their site and their creations, but I am not a huge fan of their messageboard. Its pretty slow and the layout isn't terrific.

I e-mailed "rolland himself" to personally invite him to our board, and to buy a 32t sprocket, but he never got back to me. Oh well.

I agree that being non-vendor specific is the correct course of action for this board, and nothing personal was implied or intended. The messageboard of that site has a profound "abandoned theme park" feel to it. It could in fact be a contact point with hundreds of enthusiasts that could be drawn over here where the action is. As far as promoting a vendor, that ship has sailed in their case. The era of Gru-Bees has passed and the GEBE's and Whizzers will have to pick up the torch. From their inventory it seems very few complete bikes are left and no two-stroke engine kits at all. The threat of those electric kits should be considered though ;) . What I was suggesting is, a couple of good posts from this national board on their regional board might do some good for both sites without giving either of the sites the cooties or and unfair advantage.

to be more clear...there is no "competition" between motor-bicycles & spookytooth, we don't sell anything. we do, however, put a decent amount of time into admin'ing this messageboard & planning for it's future growth...using one forum to promote another forum is just bad netiquette & poor thanks for our effort.

all our members are encouraged to freely voice their reviews and opinions about the various suppliers we all deal with, and even pop a commercial link in there sometimes to support them. you have to agree spookytooth-the vendor gets a fair amount of "good press" here. based on my forums-admin experience, in this instance, the best way to support your favorite vendor would be to lead them to us.

ok, so they don't have an appealing biking 'board, it happens we do...so, how 'bout a little tit for tat, eh? let the righteous builder-dudes show a little support for the righteous forum-dudes who already do their part...then it'll be a square deal 8)

ok, in all fairness, i went to have a look at the forum in question...sorry, but i don't register just to look at a forum.

here, you will find 6 topics (excluding this one) holding about 10 positive references to spookytooth. anyone already registered over there? search for "motor-bicycles.com" and let me know what you find.

wow i didnt know that thing even worked over there i tryed using it along time ago and got nothing.

Damn guys I go all over the place and give recomendations for one site to another we are all working for the same thing it is just that some sites are more info based than others .....

cookie

well, that's as it should be, and the above mentioned vendor has gotten, like, completely recommended here time & agin, and that's what we're aiming for.

recommend away, m'dear, spookytooth's reputation deserves it...but don't solicit support for their failing forum just because they happen to be premiere builders, as i said, that's poor thanks for tom's generosity...if their forum had been cutting it, tom wouldn't have needed to construct this place. then, to top it off, he invites all vendors to freely participate.

why not email your favorite suppliers and invite them to link to us? we are like an instant "support dept." for them, free of charge and enthusiastically given...why anyone has a prob seeing this is beyond me, but i'm not budging...

i hope it's clear that as a dedicated moddy i won't be taking any other position on the matter.

actively promoting motoredbikes.com as THE 'board to be on would be the logical 1st step to having our own club 8)

Back