Twin Spark Plug Cylinder Head

Fabian

Local time
1:48 PM
Does anyone know if the member from the other site "crmachineman" is on this site.

I want to purchase one of his twin spark plug cylinder heads but i can't get in contact because the chief moderator over there has banned me for not only this lifetime but a further 3 life reincarnations.

Fabian

What is the advantage of a dual sparkplug? I understand that a lot (most? All?) of fuelie type racers use them, but they run extreme cylinder pressures due to blower or turbo boost. The MSD or other multi-spark boxes provide the same benefits without all the extra parts that would be needed to support multiple sparkplugs. I think a single strong, long duration spark would be better for most of our small engines. That's why I'm so gung ho for someone to develop a high-quality sparkbox for our little wonders.

The advantage of a separated dual ignition system and a dual spark plug cylinder head is that of redundancy.

This concept means little to those people who use their motorized bicycle for short trips or limited recreational use, but for those who travel to the middle of nowhere on long distance recreational journeys, the benefits of redundancy are significant.

Trust me, that moderator (on the other site) tried to get me banned from breathing, but i (less than politely) reminded him that he doesn't have a monopoly on oxygen.

I've joined motoredbikes!

Hi everybody.
Thanks for getting a hold of me Fabian. I started a new thread talking about the twin spark plug head.
Anyway, finally they will be available, probably within a few days. I don't have any turnkey ignition systems to offer, but I have attached a image of the schematic diagram. I know there are some very good electrical people messing with these engines, and would appreciate their input, development, ect.
So, anyway I'd be happy to try my best to answer any technical questions about this.
Thanks a bunch!
-Fred

Attachments

• SAM_0146.JPG
    SAM_0146.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,072
Hi Fred

I am so glad that you have joined the site.

I want to purchase one of your twin spark plug cylinder heads with the compression release system as soon as possible.

Can you advise if the compression release mechanism is the same as that from a chainsaw, as in the photos, for these are a very compact and reliable system:

I would like to know more about the twin spark plug head, I'm driving it Dodge hemi V-8 with 16 spark plugs, what a pain to change, but beyond redundancy, I think there's more power, oh I put Paxton supercharger on it for fun, but that's a separate story.

I think duel spark plugs, lead to a better ignition, and maybe with the hemi, lower exhaust pollution. I have read the spark plugs a few times, and they seem to be firing equally. Question, is the head of development compatible with the slant head? Currently I'm running an upgraded spark plug, it's one of those ones with three grounding electrodes, can't say that it makes much difference. John

You can spin the cylinder head around 90 degrees; having twin plugs poking out the left and right hand side of the bike.

I've ordered two different versions of the twin plug cylinder head and two different versions of the beveled piston.

It's going to be like Christmas soon, when the new twin plug cylinder heads, beveled pistons, Walbro carburettor with reed valve adapter and 5 amp electric start/generator combo with twin 8 amp lithium batteries and accessory power sockets arrive in the next few weeks.

I'll be like a kid let loose in a candy shop.

For reliability it makes more sense to have plug-in connectors for the CDI and high voltage coil and just change them out if they fail. Having two spark plugs installed means only one of them will be firing which means the other is accumulating crud which will hinder its operation if/when it is used. I say the second one isn't firing because unless the magneto/stator combo is changed out (for something bulkier and more complex that can equally supply two systems with voltage/current) you will have half the power delivered to each of two CDI/coil/plugs which is not something you want. bad idea.
Power-wise there is no advantage to a dual plug system on such a small engine. The distance from center to side of the cylinder is just too short. Dual sparks are advantageous when there is more distance/area to cover rapidly with the spark ignited flame.

Back