Bike Security LoJack for Bicycles

Tyler6357

Local time
1:57 PM
That is fantastic and I don't think the price is too high. I expected it to be much more actually. I have so much invested in my ride I am seriously thinking about getting this.

That is an excellent product. Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention.
I don't think the price is too expensive, especially if you've invested a lot of time and money in your motorized bicycle.

Let me add another product. I have this on my non-motorized Trek. They are called Pitlocks and they are made in Germany. You cannot use them on a wheel that does not have a skewer, quick release puppy. Thieves will not be able to steal your wheels, seat, or headset.

www.urbanbiketech.com/

I guess the price isn't that high, about $153.58 + shipping. About the cost of a 2 stroke kit. It says that the tracking service is free, but users do have to equip the unit with a pay-as-you-go SIM card and will be charged for the data used in uploading coordinates. The unit uses GPRS to upload data, not SMS, and Integrated Trackers says it costs a fraction of a penny to send each update (in the U.K.).

It says that the device will stop operating if your bike is taken inside or anywhere there isn't a clear view of the sky. The company says GSM is only accurate to about 650 feet, which could prove all but useless in a building-dense environment like the center of a city. In fact, even GPS's claimed 16 to 82 feet accuracy won't necessarily bring you right to the thief's doorstep. But you might be able to hear a motorized bike at that distance. I would say that the chances are you will recover your bike if the thief doesn't find it.

Received mine a couple of weeks ago. I was very frustrated at first, couldn't seem to get it working. Turns out it uses 2g for the text messages and At&T is in the process of phasing out 2G and have already stopped it in my area. I bought a T-mobile sim with a $3 month plan that worked perfect. It will still work when in doors but uses cell tower triangulation to give you a location which as pointed out earlier is almost useless. Outside the GPS is very accurate and you can program it to wake up and check for a fix as often as you want. I will give further updates as I use it for a while.

Back