Hello from Texas

S

Steve

Just want to say hello to all on the forum and introduce myself. Obviously, I'm Steve from Texas, I just joined the board, and I am busy building my first motorized bike, a project I've wanted to do for a long time just for the fun of it. I'm a member of another forum about motor bikes, but have found this one to be more active. Hope some day to be able to actually contribue here and in the interum, hope you all can tolerate my many, stupid newbee questions.

welcome, steve :)

anything we can do to help, stoopid or not, ask away...so long as you can tolerate our stoopid responses :p

we expect pics 8)

hi ive just bought this kit off ebay aus, its a 48cc with no markings at all but have spent a week building this gt oversize alloy frame with 4 inch tripple clamp rock shox. pinched some runnin gear off the wifes repco m bike and hay presto. The bike started strait away and have done 20 ks or so in the last couple of days. the kit was pulled apart and all manifolds were matched and opened up with the dremmel. the casting was rough and the ports were all over the place but must have given it half a horse power with my nights work. do you know what brand it may be? How do you make the gear whine quieten down a bit? have greased it. Seems to have plenty of power though even giving it only half throttle or so. well help me you yanks.

Augidog,

Thanks for the welcome...I will try my best to not ask too many too stupid questions.

I do have an engine kit, 70cc and I figured I needed the bigger one because I'm not a small guy, and it's hilly here. You may have seen my pictures of the "modified" chopper bike on the other forum. Got the motor installed, sort of, and now it looks like I'll have to fabricate a new exhaust system.

Mikey,

You are way ahead of me...wish I could help you but sorry, don't know the answers to your questions. However, I'm sure there will be someone on here that will.

Hi Mikey

The gear noise worried me when I first started to ride . You are doing the right thing by lubing the gears fairly often . I make sure to wipe excess from the inside cover and take extra from the inside of the case with a small screwdriver . You don't want to get grease on the clutch material . After a few hundred miles the gear noise all but disappeared on my bike . Enjoy the ride .................................D.J.

hi again, mikey...if you want to take your comments & question to the "technical" forum i'm sure someone can hop in and help 8)

Back