Top Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
depend on some condition between 40 and 65 kmh it's nice enough for a bicycle. but want to go more faster waiting for my hi comp head and mikuni carb to see if i can achieve more than or if it's only more powerfull in hill I will be happy with this too so I will do some hard trail in the wood I love this..

congrats butre on the excellent top speed!
I too used to race motocross (in Austin and in Paraguay) so we have the same kind of mentality.
I don't care if the bike looks ratty, just if it runs strong and is reliable.
I was hitting 43mph which felt scary fast without full race gear on, just gloves.

sometime yes i dont run these speed always im almost at 20 -30

sometime yes i dont run these speed always im almost at 20 -30

It's fun to push the limits, to run as fast as possible is a fun challenge, but it should not be done on roads in traffic

Fabian you have to understand that one of the motos of motocross racers is that "If you never fall you aren't going fast enough".
We are the risk takers, lovers of danger and the adrenaline rush it gives. If it isn't scary it's boring.

I remember a big downhill offroad with my old bike last 4-5 year was near 90km/h . Was very scared about this speed haha was on offroad this doesnt help whit thin tire. Was with my 27tooth sprocket .

I know that well enough, I wear the same gear on my motored bike that I do on my motorcycles, that stuff has saved me going quite a bit faster than 47.

The whole point of being able to do 47 is more to be able to do 30 without running it at 6000 rpm than it is to be able to do 47.

OK, are we talking 47 MILES per hour or KILOMETERS?
Unless you are running a really small back sprocket in the back direct drive and pushing 10K RPM on tricked 66cc a 26" bike wheel that speed claim is doubtful to me.

Tucked in behind a big truck and such maybe, but about 35MPH is when air resistance kicks in hard.

I've built at least a dozen shifters with a 66 that pass 45MPH in short order but that is because it has gears and even with gears you got to get low and tucked to go that fast.

Personally 35-40 is just dandy to me so long as the bike has really good wheels and brakes which, well, all my builds get.

OK, are we talking 47 MILES per hour or KILOMETERS?
Unless you are running a really small back sprocket in the back direct drive and pushing 10K RPM on tricked 66cc a 26" bike wheel that speed claim is doubtful to me.

Tucked in behind a big truck and such maybe, but about 35MPH is when air resistance kicks in hard.

I've built at least a dozen shifters with a 66 that pass 45MPH in short order but that is because it has gears and even with gears you got to get low and tucked to go that fast.

Personally 35-40 is just dandy to me so long as the bike has really good wheels and brakes which, well, all my builds get.

that's miles, if I remember right it had either a 33 or 36 tooth rear at the time and was running 9300 rpm. it's a faired bike so wind resistance wasn't a huge problem. by the time that engine died it had reached a top speed of 53 mph. these speeds were calculated off the tachometer because I know how optimistic a speedometer can be. the brakes were less than adequate at those speeds so I'd only ever go that fast on racetracks and private roads.

it was eating 100 octane avgas with 40:1 fuel/oil mix through a 19mm carb and breathing fire out of the custom expansion chamber

that's miles, if I remember right it had either a 33 or 36 tooth rear at the time and was running 9300 rpm. it's a faired bike so wind resistance wasn't a huge problem. by the time that engine died it had reached a top speed of 53 mph. these speeds were calculated off the tachometer because I know how optimistic a speedometer can be. the brakes were less than adequate at those speeds so I'd only ever go that fast on racetracks and private roads.

it was eating 100 octane avgas with 40:1 fuel/oil mix through a 19mm carb and breathing fire out of the custom expansion chamber
Sweet ;-}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back