getting a Trojan Mini-motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frameteam2003

Local time
11:44 PM
Will be shipped Mon.
Appears to be an MK1 but not the first verson.
will post pics when it arrives

Trojan photo

This is a pic of the trojan mini-motor I'm getting
trojan4.jpg

Looks cool. I like the steel tank and the mounting parts looks sturdy. Be sure to give us your review of the kit once you have it dialed in.

Trojan Mini Motor

Hi All

I have a Trojan I have been running for a couple of years.

Trojan.jpg

Great fun, and "when" it's running right it does go very well. I say "when" because often the 1950's tech is less than reliable. I ended up fitting an aftermarket electronic ignition which then showed up how poor the carb was!!!

All great fun, but very heavy, and probably not good for daily transport. It's 50cc, no idea on power, 30mph on a good day though!!

My current plan is to try and sneak a CAG motor under the Trojan tank.

:D

There is a cable device that pulls the crank speed roller down onto the tyre, a spring then "just about" lifts it off again when you pull in the "clutch". All very basic, but works in a 1950's kind of way!!

Trojan Mini Motor

Hi All

I have a Trojan I have been running for a couple of years.

View attachment 55330

Great fun, and "when" it's running right it does go very well. I say "when" because often the 1950's tech is less than reliable. I ended up fitting an aftermarket electronic ignition which then showed up how poor the carb was!!!

All great fun, but very heavy, and probably not good for daily transport. It's 50cc, no idea on power, 30mph on a good day though!!

My current plan is to try and sneak a CAG motor under the Trojan tank.

:D
I'm having trouble with my Trojan Mini Motor, I have re-built it but still not running great. Seems like the fuel level is too high.
Any chance you could measure the lenght of the fuel needle from the top of the float to the tip of the needle?
I'm thinking mine may have been shortened hence raising the fuel level and causing over fueling issues.

Regards, Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back