Cities and Routes that INVITE MoBikes

bamabikeguy

Local time
7:29 AM
Just to start this spot, on my March trip to Florida there was one <100 mile stretch of 4 lane to avoid on your route planning: Hwy 280 South from Childersburg to Opeilika/Auburn

http://www.mapquest.com/maps-directions/

This highway, use by AU football fans is one of the notorious highways "always under construction". The shoulder would be good/then chipped glass bad.

This was the beginning of the search for the "indestructible rear tire", because a gash at the beginning of the stretch, and the only bikeshop 80 miles "yonderways", I learned a lot about tires/tubes and made in China peices of crap pumps.

The warning about this stretch is void IF you build your own "ind.rear.tr".

Central Mississippi

Mississippi- Greenville-Indianola

http://www.mapquest.com/maps-directions/

Reason: Hornhonkers. It is a divided 4 lane, wide shoulders, and on the Denver round trip, maybe once a day I would get my "heart attack moment" with a horn honker. But I am pretty quick on the draw with the one-finger salute.

But on this particular stretch, more assholes per hour, probably 8 horn honkers in 3 hours. In the 4 future newspaper articles I did, I stressed to the reporters "Share the Road", "Be Aware MoBike is going to Increase".

Greenville-Indianola Mississippi "Hey, you! Out of the gene pool !"

horn honk

Around here a lot of those that honk also wave and smile.
Unless you are getting the finger you should keep yours in a relaxed possion. By flipping some one off you are making all of us look bad!! crude and rude how would you like it if I flipped off one of your nuns for causing distress to my fellow solders and their families.

There is going to be the 1 in a 100 ass hole that wants to see you jump I had an ambulance drive up behind me and hit his siren (a burp) THAT WILL MAKE U JUMP!! The truck going by that throws a beer can at you and hits you. But YOU HAVE THE ADVANTAGE you can catch them at the red light and give them back the beer can along with a boot to the door. They can not follow you down a ditch and through the woods. Then there is the trick of ball bearings if a car is trying to get to close and scare you just throw a couple ball bearings over your shoulder ( old biker tricks from a hawk). You can get metal taps put on your boots if they are to close drag the metal tip or heel and let the sparks fly (this is passive aggressive).

Cookie

Prayers for Greenfield
Fairfax Connection - VA,USA
... The City Code now allows motorized skateboards, motorized scooters, electric personal assistive devices and electric bicycles on highways, to comply with the ...

Police take to the streets in chariots
Conshohocken Recorder - Conshohocken,PA,USA
... newly purchased police department chariots, a three-wheeled motorized vehicle that's a ... department's chariot shed, along with the department's bicycles, and an ...

hehe, my favorite strategy when i was riding in florida: if you're blessed with some accuracy, spitting works great, noone gets hurt, the message is loud & clear, and since they can't stand looking at that gob on the window, they just HAVE to stop & wipe it off right away.

'course, being a big guy helps deter retaliation, use the above at your own risk :devilish:

btw-word is out that the peninsula is on a 3-year plan to expand bikelane coverage, this is gonna be a great place for a future sponsored-rally :)

Back