HuaSheng 142F vs Honda GXH50 vs Dax XC50s

Status
Not open for further replies.
rotary carb needed

Hi Quentin I need help finding a rotary carb kit to purchase for the Huasheng 142F.

After 2 years and several thousand miles I decided to install a SBP racing air filter on my Huasheng. The filter is non-restrictive and ftis the tight space much better. Unfortunately, my engine that ran great with the stock filter now runs like crap. It misses and lurches under acceleration. I adjusted the mixture screw and it helped a little, but I'm wondering if I need to re-jet now. Any ideas?

Scoot yes clean your carb thoroughly, also take out the plastic idle jet situated below the black plastic idle adjustment screw and make sure it isn't plugged. Make sure the oring is pliable and doing it's job by not letting air in. Mine ran like crap and the oring on that jet was the culprit. HF sells an oring assortment kit that has orings that will work. Might be 2 orings on that idle jet, don't remember for sure.

Thanks, Darwin. I'm almost certain it's a jetting issue since the engine ran perfectly until I changed to the free flow air filter. Today I enlarged the jet to .024 with a #72 wire drill bit. I think the jet was .018 stock. Tomorrow I'll put everything back together and try it out. Stay tuned.

Got things thrown back together and fired her up. The engine runs much stronger but she still bogs down under load. I'm thinking about opening up the jet to a #70 which would be .026 by my measurement. It looks like with all of the experimentation on this engine there would be some guidelines established by now, but I can't find any.

Try making the exhaust less restrictive, as it may help the increased air flow issue.

A friend [Ron Dow] made an adjustable main jet system and the final outcome was equal to a #68 drill [.0292"]. This was tested on a stock motor with a K & N filter with a tuned flex pipe exhaust system. The tests we conducted on a 24" bike. Final speed was 41 .5 MPH.

One important issue to consider is the motor is already tuned to max, and any upgrades can and will shorten the life of the motor [both Honda and HS]. Adding additional RPMs can throw the rod from the crankshaft as the redline is 7800 RPMs and the motor can be tuned to exceed 9000 RPMs.

Although I do agree some upgrades can increase the torque slightly and help pulling hills or extra weight, however gearing is the best way to adapt.

Have fun,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back