HuaSheng 142F vs Honda GXH50 vs Dax XC50s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in a thread was saying the new EPA 142s have a max rpm of 6500 now, can't remember who but it sounds right.

I just received my "certificate of origin" for my Phantom Ghost 26 with a Grubee 4G Motor kit w/ Hausheng 4-Cycle Engine. The "COO" rates it at 2.5hp. I wonder if it is the same issue when people try to explain the displacement differences between 49cc, 66cc & 80cc China Girls??

Jimmy

Anyone know where I can get the gas tank for my Hauseng? I got my 142 from Kings a while ago. It has 3 1/8" fuel lines coming off it. Do you know what they are for and what kind of gas tank I need, or where to put the 3 lines? One is obviously the fuel in. Thanks!

Jimst try thatsdax.com, call and ask about the mounting bracket though. It looks different then what it should in the pic pictured.

My 142F Hausheng came installed on my Ghost 26 from California bike builder Phantom Bikes in December 2014 and on the "certificate of origin" it stated 2.5hp! I had to give the COO to our state in order to get a tag for the bike and buy insurance to ride, but I have attached the engine information copied from the COO. It definitely adds to the confusion, but the Hausheng does get me and my 74 pound bike to the 30mph limit imposed on MB's by our state nicely and without a fuss. Certificate of Origin Hausheng 140600119 49cc Ghost-26 Nov 20 2014.jpg

Greetings OP and commenters, thanks for the information gleaned between the lines.

I remember all the rookie mistakes I made in hobby quality RC, and rue the days/money spent getting to an efficient place.
I'm new to mbiking, and I'd like to spend less time/money by skipping a few steps. Thanks for staying active and being the repository of wisdom & knowledge.

Good info for the HS 142's, one other tip is try a NGK 7544 (CR7HIX) Iridium spark plug.
Once you open up the exhaust there tad longer size and big spark make a difference you can feel.

I agree with KC 100%! I have tried 3 different plugs in my Huasheng 142-f. The engine over the past 80 miles with the Iridium plug has been spot on. No misses and great speeds, right to the max of 30mph or sometimes more. I have posted 4 videos using the Sony Action cam with active on screen GPS tracking and speeds which you can see at https://www.youtube.com/user/JimConHam/videos. The bike never missed a beat, a solid hummer! The plug costs about $9 US but a small price to pay for good performance along with the mid-grade premium fuel. Although I was cautioned about the plug size, all three plugs are amazingly similar and in the stock engine there are no clearance issues. Go Fast, have fun and be safe! Spark Plug Choices for Huasheng 142-F.jpgSony Action Cam with GPS on Ghost 26 Spirit III.jpg

Spirit III rider!

I changed the oil for the first time on the GSX50 Honda I purchased used. I was amazed that it only holds 8 ounces of oil. So I'll get 4 oil changes per quart! I used a full synthetic. I fogged the cylinder since I don't know when the engine was fired up last. After the oil change I pulled the engine over a few times with no fuel in it as the motor is not mounted yet. One step at a time.

Hope to pick bike up from local Specialized dealer in the morning so I can begin the engine installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back