Is your bike a tweaker magnet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be an aspect to criminalisation vs stimulation blocker treatment as developed by Israeli scientists for heroin addiction.

Treatment may cost more money than criminalisation and crime may have benefits for political candidates as trumpeting a "tough on crime" stance makes for an easy reelection platform that's sure to win votes.

There never seems to be any votes in treatment or adopting novel methods that may have worked in other countries.

So it comes down to a societal problem i.e. someone in power wants things to stay the way they are; maybe even fostering such problems.

If prisons get paid per prisoner and prisons have lobbyists acting on their behalf in Washington, then prison management would (working collectively) wish for the entire country to be thrown in prison - it's in their financial interest; becoming a self licking ice cream cone.

From my understanding that sounds suspiciously like the beginning of a fascist government, for the government is not wishing to act in the best interests of maintaining a healthy society but simply an extractive society whereby the majority of working class people are drained of wealth and criminalised at the same time.

From my understanding the founding fathers of America never intended it to be that way; carefully writing the constitution so it could 'never' be that way.

I don't understand how a country (with leaders) claiming to be the bastion of freedom has fallen so far from the decrees of it's original founding members.

Last edited:
I am not sure if they are all tweakers or drug abusers, but yes, some people seem really interested in the bike, asking questions as if they really want one, then shifting to disregard or babbling in white-rapper lingo.

I think some people may be solely interested in finding out the value of the bike so they can steal it.
Gang apprehended for stealing motor bicycle and burglarizing. http://savannahnow.com/latest-news/2012-04-27/police-bust-savannah-burglary-ring#.T5tnsLP2bfs

One neighbor used to ask me about mine as if he'd never asked before and just forgot. I started telling him call me next week and we'll build one. He of course never came over, and I just kept telling him next week, until he moved.

Friends, store clerks, UPS drivers, and bicyclists on the street have asked about it, but none are serious.

Now, I just hand the curious a 1/4 page flyer with a picture of a MB and an email address, saying write for a consultation. If they persist, if it's not someone I want to chat with and befriend, I tell them I'm on my way to an appt but I'll look for their email. :devilish:
So far no one has emailed, even though it's a nice flyer.

Tweakers, meth-heads, speed freaks, whatever you want to call them always pop up out of nowhere and start asking questions...
I don't mind when a regular person asks about it or when I see a bunch of kids' faces light up when I ride by.
What I DO mind is when crazy guys with missing teeth and dilated pupils start asking questions and telling me about "O I've always wanted to make one of these, where did you get it? How much was it? Well you know how you could make yours better...blah blah blah blah..."
Maybe I SHOULD move, but I am pretty tied to the bay area since my girlfriend has a good job here.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tweaker

"What's the difference between a crackhead and a tweaker?
The crackhead will steal your **** and bounce--the tweaker will steal your **** and then help you look for it."

beavisthemethhead.jpg

meth-head.jpg

Here is what they talk like:
http://www.holytaco.com/meth-making-me-thirsty-0/

Er.....I think some might have to visit urban dictionary to get the drift of this thread....but to answer the question, no, not at all and I'd move if I did, lol.

Ok, here's how that works. In America, if you don't get your registration renewed, or get pulled over for some petty stop without insurance, your world is
937724-JSPYGYS.jpg

But if you live somewhere that crime is common, especially drug crime, a lot of stuff goes by uninterrupted.

Sometimes when you call the police, they won't even come out. True story bro. If someone isn't bleeding or shooting, a lot of times they will blow you off.

PS Don't believe everything they feed you on TV. :geek:

Again, please forgive my ignorance Cali, but in Australia we always see video footage of American police in action, where use of massively disproportionate force is applied for driving 5 miles an hour over the speed limit, usually with the vehicle being surrounded by 50 police officers drawing guns before the person gets tasered for demanding his constitutional rights be respected.

In that environment, surely one phone call to the police about a drug user would have the whole neighbourhood being placed under a legion of itchy trigger happy police, waiting to shoot up the town for the sake of a quiet and peaceful neighbourhood.

I don't understand how there can be a problem under such an overly policed neighbourhood presence.

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard about that: they mix the meth chemicals in a bottle, and shake it, then hope it doesn't blow up in a fireball.

What the ???

Why is this illegal drug discussion going on in the General Discussion section ? I've gotten infractions for way less than this in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the thread should be moved to the "white zone" or better still the "combustion chamber" if potential exists for participating forum members to receive infraction points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back