Is your bike a tweaker magnet??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cali, I've found the best thing to do is never really stop in a place where there are a lot of people hanging out. I always have called most of them rubber necks..........Uno, always looking and asking about your every move on the bike.......................? Just tell them that you do appreciate, but it's all classified info.

Haha, Thanks. Thats pretty hard to do when I get stranded for various reasons... Usually I'm going fast enough, or my engine is loud enough to avoid any conversation. I've had them come up to me in my driveway when I'm just trying to test something before. I've gone almost 5 years living in a major city with almost no contact with these type of people, but since I got my bike it has been a constant problem.
I really want to move... Or just get a real motorcycle... :-/

I don't understand the 'meth' thing and how it's a problem.

Viewing America from Australia, we see the country as controlled by over enthusiastic, over caffeinated religious TV evangelists; some who lead a double life as politicians, conveying the image that everyone believes in the bible with American society being ruled by the word of God and the exit velocity of a bullet to back it up.

How can America have a drugs problem under such a perfect system.

Forgive my ignorance, but i can't seem to comprehend such an enormous drugs problem in a civilised society

I don't understand the 'meth' thing and how it's a problem.

Viewing America from Australia, we see the country as controlled by over enthusiastic, over caffeinated religious TV evangelists; some who lead a double life as politicians, conveying the image that everyone believes in the bible with American society being ruled by the word of God and the exit velocity of a bullet to back it up.

How can America have a drugs problem under such a perfect system.

Forgive my ignorance, but i can't seem to comprehend such an enormous drugs problem in a civilised society

Ha, your views aren't that inaccurate. Those TV evangelist folks would NEVER be involved with drugs (or sex scandals with other men!). It's all of us lost souls, who are damaged because we haven't found Jesus that have turned to drugs to fill the voids in our Christ-less hearts!

Meth is a quickly growing problem in the US, but so are Evangelicals... There are enough of us here to have huge, sickening, diametrically opposed problems. :devilish:

If you can't see how meth is a problem then maybe you should do a little research. I guess you don't have to worry since you don't live where I do but for us that live in effected areas it is a horrible problem.

Again, please forgive my ignorance Cali, but in Australia we always see video footage of American police in action, where use of massively disproportionate force is applied for driving 5 miles an hour over the speed limit, usually with the vehicle being surrounded by 50 police officers drawing guns before the person gets tasered for demanding his constitutional rights be respected.

In that environment, surely one phone call to the police about a drug user would have the whole neighbourhood being placed under a legion of itchy trigger happy police, waiting to shoot up the town for the sake of a quiet and peaceful neighbourhood.

I don't understand how there can be a problem under such an overly policed neighbourhood presence.

Well you are correct about there the US being overly policed.
Excessive police force and presence is not going to stop criminals. The problem is that when people are on highly addictive drugs they will do anything to get more. A few hundred cops can't do much against thousands of feigns that never sleep. They arrest the ones they come across, and that’s about it. Unfortunately all that does is turn a desperate person into someone with less options and more problems. The US needs to take serious action towards helping these people instead of taking all of their future opportunities away with a criminal conviction.
I am planning on moving out of the city in the next few years, but for now I’m stuck. It makes me not want to try to start my bike in fear of yet another confrontation.

CA is infested. I used to live in San Diego right on the beach and they would rummage through our trash all the time trying to find anything of value. We slept with the windows open (bc of the great weather) so it would wake us up every time. Hated it! After a few confrontations they learned, but we were always at least an alley away from one asking for money at a 711 or liquor store so they could score a bag. I'm glad I didn't have my bike then. I had a hard enough time keeping my car from being broken into. (In the 4 years I lived there. Broken into at least a dozen times.) I didn't bother buying an alarm system since the first time they took everything including the airbags! lol. I was studying at UCSD at the time so I couldn't afford the deductible. I know what you are going through. You feel like you have to sleep with one eye open. It's a shame, because the area and weather is so nice. Good luck with the nuisance.

I don't have any issues out here in MD around D.C. I don't want to say it's a "West Coast" thing, but it sure felt like it when I lived out there as far as meth goes. I get attention over here too, but more out of interest and curiosity. From what I have read, heard, and experienced. CA and Oregon's coastal cities have the biggest problems with "Tweakers". There is always a thief lurking around any corner, but usually are more inconspicuous than the neighborhood tweakers. They give off a dirty vibe and are usually unaware of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back