Flexible Fuel Line??

Last edited:
actually,1/8 npt is very popular.
i noticed my fitting/petcock is leaking.i will be re-threading it to 1/8 npt and adding a better shutoff.

The reason I said was the link given was for a 3/8" thread. If you can find a petcock in a 1/8" NPT then I'd go with it. Re threading to a NPT, I don't think it will work, leak.
I had a fuel tank and I couldn't line up the petcock like I would like. I marked it, removed the coupler and brazed it back on. But then I have the tools that are needed.

Last edited:
So would I be better off looking for 1/8" NPT or 3/8" NPT?

I already have this female air hose coupler that I am pretty sure is 3/8" NPT. I think it is the same one from the link you shared.

Are there really no direct replacements for the stock petcock? Is brazing on a new coupler really the best way to go about this?

picture.php

Choose the petcock you need and want...then get the coupler that is needed. I wouldn't trust anything but brazing it in. Solder, JD and the like won't work safely. If you go with a brass/iron coupler, no matter the size. Install the petcock first into the coupler, mark the position you want it on your tank, remove the petcock and braze. This way the petcock will be lined up to your satisfaction. All mine are OEM petcocks, and this is the way I do it should I need to move the handle where I want it. I install the petcock in the tank first, then go from there.

Last edited:
I recommend 1/4 " Tygon Tubing, and 3/16 " Clamps [ NAPA ]

* Do not use vacuum line * it has no reinforcement, will
harden, crack, and leak. Small engine shops sell a nifty 1/4"
inline shutoff, and a variety of inline fuel filters.

The Tygon tubing is expensive, aprox. $ 3 a foot, but the
stuff is great, bends like rubber, lasts like iron . The vinyl
tubing that comes with the kit, is a joke. After one season,
it will become brittle, and dangerous. [ Don't forget, we're talking today's horrible gas ]

Back