Caviness Motorbike Co.

my first comment wasnt meant to be insulting. i want to know if caviness motorbike co is a real company that we can order parts from.

Wow sorry guys, didn't know I had all these comments on my posting. Busy with kids activities of late. Sorry Caviness Motorbike Co. isn't an official company just my last name :)

I got my gas tank Imperial Cycles but from what I know they are either not in business any more or not very efficient at answering emails/questions. I would advise looking on eBay for moped gas tanks. Also www.1977mopeds.com or www.treatland.tv but make sure to check dimensions as some moped tanks are bigger than they look.

My horn is an old Klaxon horn from eBay but on those the louder ones are the ones that have the retaining bolts around the perimeter of the face. Usually made by E.A. Labs. The one I have is fairly loud especially when the engine isn't running.

No worries butterbean, it's all good.

Thanks again for the comments everyone! Be safe and enjoy the ride!

A couple of updated pics

I made these look vintage. Added back my secondary muffler from DDM racing and painted it black. It's attached to the banana muffler with some high temp. silicon hose. The bike is way less noisy now and seems to have the same range of power etc..

Attachments

• 8-2-12 vintage pic 2.JPG
    8-2-12 vintage pic 2.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 447
  • 8-2-12 vintage pic.JPG
    8-2-12 vintage pic.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 557
I made these look vintage. Added back my secondary muffler from DDM racing and painted it black. It's attached to the banana muffler with some high temp. silicon hose. The bike is way less noisy now and seems to have the same range of power etc..

what a beautiful sounding and looking bike. nice work.

The tank is a Garelli from a model sold in the UK as a Bimatic. 2 speed auto trans step through. Hope this helps people find one.

Latest Bike Pic.

Ok so I reworked the fenders as I cut my original rear fender off instead of actually trimming and working with it to get it to work. Also, I fixed up the front fender so that it would cover more of the front tire. I had seen some original 1900's bikes that had large full front fenders so I tried to replicate that look. Chain guards removed for the moment though I might add those back. bike 9-5-12.jpg

This is my favorite bike pictured on this forum, darkhawk22! I believe that we've got the same psychological "take" on this quirky hobby of motorized bicycles!

And: any more specific info on the availability of that gas tank from you or anybody would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty happy with my 2.5L "kit tank" (with custom emblems, novolac epoxy liner, and five coats of fuel-resistant clearcoat. But I'd really like to find an appropriate tank that isn't of the "kit" nature.

Cheers,

Max-M

Attachments

• pistone-pedali1.jpg
    pistone-pedali1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 468
I said earlier, it's one of these. Hunt around moped suppliers and be prepared to find other tanks that will fit. Ever see a "jelly mould" tank? Quite a few Italian bikes had them.

The tank is a Garelli from a model sold in the UK as a Bimatic. 2 speed auto trans step through. Hope this helps people find one.

Thanks, Ludwig! I somehow rushed into a response and didn't read your info. The hunt for one of those tanks is on...

Back