friction drive question?

jrbaker90

Local time
4:39 PM
I have been thinking about building a friction drive bicycle out of a weedeater. my biggest question is what is the best weedeater motor I looked at some today but I wasn't sure what kind would be best. do I need a recoil in the front or in the back of the motor thanks

Last edited:
at the back. anything at the front is invariably POS. get a real one. honda, shindaiwa, kawasaki, husquvarna(best i ever had), etc. the types with the shaft mounted with 4 screws on a real metal flange...

ryobi mtd etc are :poop:

some chainsaws are ideal! they have solid lugs for mounting, are powerful, and compact, but will require some skill for making a new fan shroud...

good setup wont need a starter anyway ;)

2 or 4 stroke is a personal choice, depends on financial position, intended use, etc...i wouldnt waste the cash on a 4 banger if i was going friction drive!

leafblowers... i tried a leaf blower once and it never really performed as well as a brushcutter :(

I am pretty good with small engine so as far as work on them its no problem I found a old craftsman that's a 37cc it looks like a old sltil but the coil mess up on it and I can't find parts I want to find a echo but ain't had much luck yet.

homelite all the way!!! 2stroke $69bucks homedepot 7,000rpms and there good engines i have tested them and gotten 5,000miles outta an engine

Back