Thanks

Default Will A 66cc Fit?

So my buddy said if i can get a 66 or 48cc HT on this bike he will buy it off me and i get a riding buddy too Its a 24 inch magna dagger. steel frame. It measures 13" from the bottom bracket to the top tube. Pretty tight but my buddy is only 5' 5" LOL so if we can make it work he will be HAPPY! Would an offset intake be enough? any help would be great!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spokedjoke View Post
    So my buddy said if i can get a 66 or 48cc HT on this bike he will buy it off me and i get a riding buddy too Its a 24 inch magna dagger. steel frame. It measures 13" from the bottom bracket to the top tube. Pretty tight but my buddy is only 5' 5" LOL so if we can make it work he will be HAPPY! Would an offset intake be enough? any help would be great!
    I doubt it, if it does it would be a cramped fit. The engine has to be high enough in the frame for a 75 degree angle in the "V". Here are some pictures that might help you in your decision. 11" needed for the stock carburetor set up, due to cable.
    Name:  mount-1.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  65.1 KB
    You may be able to get away with a frame like yours is you use a "Z" intake manifold. But I doubt it. $7.00 + shipping

To get it lower, you can do away with the OEM rear mount.
    Name:  Rearmount.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  9.6 KB

Name:  Engineallignment.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  28.5 KB
    Last edited by Al.Fisherman; 04-09-2012 at 09:01 AM.
    Ron ><)))))*> Calera, Alabama
    My store
    Pre install HT tips
    Political Correctness:
    A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Thanks

Ya that's what i was afraid of. I've only got 10" maybe 10 1/4". I've searched the forum for small V frame 24" wheel MTB style bikes for ideas but couldn't find any. Also, the diagram states 4.5" between pedals, however its pointed at the bottom bracket.. is that indeed the minimum BB width or from inside crank arm to inside crank arm ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spokedjoke View Post
    Ya that's what i was afraid of. I've only got 10" maybe 10 1/4". I've searched the forum for small V frame 24" wheel MTB style bikes for ideas but couldn't find any. Also, the diagram states 4.5" between pedals, however its pointed at the bottom bracket.. is that indeed the minimum BB width or from inside crank arm to inside crank arm ?
    I would think it's from (inside to inside) crank arm to crank arm, to clear the engine while peddling. Of course you could have a pull starter, but it would make it hard on the clutch starting from a dead stop. You'd have to push off with your feet.

If you only have 10", I feel that doing away with the rear mount, and buying a "Z" intake, you just might fit it. But it sure will be close. I''ll take some more measurements.

More pictures......
    http://s982.photobucket.com/albums/a...ne%20Mounting/
    Last edited by Al.Fisherman; 04-09-2012 at 10:56 AM.
    My store
    Pre install HT tips
    Political Correctness:
    A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Thanks

heck, here's my 20" "schwinn" with a 49 c.c. 2 stroke mounted on it.
    the frame is stock, and has not been modified for the engine to fit.
    the trick is the lack of an intake manifold....look close.
    this is an older style 49 cc that came with the carb bolted right to the cylinder.
    as long as you have the right degree of V in the frame, you can make an engine fit.
    don't say it won't fit until you actually set an engine in the frame. there's a little room to play.
    oh yeah, i ride mine like a motorcycle, and i never peddle to take off from a dead stop. I use the clutch like on a motorcycle....been doing it that way for 4 years now, and it still has it;s original clutch pads and original clutch adjustment from when i built it.
    granted, i don't ride it every day either.
    Last edited by motorpsycho; 04-09-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks

Engine width....

I feel that 4.5" wouldn't clear, and you will have to bend both cranks a little, not much tho. If in fact you don't have close to 5".
    How to lower the engine 3/4" in the frame.

motorpsycho......Nice looking bike. With your frame the front bar is curved, and gives you a little more room to work with. But I agree, you really need to mount the engine to really see what you have.
    Last edited by Al.Fisherman; 04-09-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    My store
    Pre install HT tips
    Political Correctness: