Crashes laid up in bed But Still Breathing

yes i was one

So I broke another helmet. this on was a Gero that I I got at the BIKE Gallery for about thirty bucks. The first thing I did when I got it was to take off the dumb visor and paint it flat black. Since I wear a base ball hat or cycling hat I don't need the visor and I don't like shinny stuff. With this set of injures I sometimes think it was a bad idea to wear one this time. Something about hurting all of the time and being suck here by my self.

mike

its a long road to recovery,even the minor things can be difficult after trauma like you suffered.i fell about 8 feet and landed on my back,almost a year ago,still getting physio,but i am able-bodied in spite of the pain.yours is gonna take a while,its going to take some work,good luck with your recovery.

OK Now what?

I I do hope it does get better than this. It is right now, I'm getting a little tired everything hurting so much. I have cut down a lot on the morphine and I guess that's why I'm a little more crabby than it used to be. I had a problem a few weeks ago when my morphine ran out and I couldn't get back to the doctor to replace my supply. I started getting really sick so guess what Kaiser did. They gave me an anti-nausea shot in put me back on the pills. I am currently only using about a fourth as many as I did before but I like to stop altogether. And for those of you who think that prescription drugs are not dangerous to tell that to Michael Jackson or Elvis Presley.

I do appreciate comments, and the prayers. It Can't hurt to much to ask for a little help from the big guy.

mike

Heartfelt thoughts go towards you retromike.
6 months ago i chopped off the tip of my index finger and that was bad enough.

I'm placing positive and energetic well wishes towards your recovery.

Kind regards
Fabian

I am so sorry to hear about this retromike. i hope you get better and are able to ride again. almost a year ago i severed my humerus dirt biking and they put it back together with a steel plate but that doesnt stop me from doing stuff. i hope this helps give you the motivation to recover as much as possible. good luck

I really hate crappy drivers. In towns like mine their are no pedestrians, bikes, nothing! Just a bunch of soccer moms in suburbans ready to crush me like a dead animal on the side of the road. Do you know what its like driving to school, id have better luck crossing a mine feild. Prayers go out to you my fellow motor-biker.

Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery Mike. Terribly sorry to hear what happened to you. Glad you're at least able to tell others about your tragedy. Hopefully your story will inspire others to ride safer and avoid what you've had to go through.

That was a sobering read. I am new to the board so don't know most of you all, but I will certainly keep you in my prayers. I had a minor accident this morning and went ahead to work with my sore arm, leg, & nose. Mine was a simply the chain locking up thus locking my rear tire.. I am thankful that it was only me and the road in that fight. After my eventful morning and reading about what you are going through, it is very eye-opening.

I know things are hard right now, and, honestly, can't relate to the pain an reduced mobility, but if you keep focusing on improving and healing, then you will get better and get back to some of your previous exploits. Those voices of negativity that will be dragging you down, I can relate to. Don't listen to them, or better, tell them to #%@& off. ;) If you ever need someone to talk to, you are welcome to PM me. Sometimes, it helps to just talk through your emotions and getting them off of you chest. I will, though, light a candle for you and say a prayer.

Steven

I recognize retromike. I've seen posts from him more than once. And I'm having a hard time believing that it took me until now to notice this thread. It's been nearly two years after all.

Sorry about that, Mike.

So are you still around here? How's the recovery going?

Back