Huasheng 4-stroke problems

R31 POWER

Local time
6:50 AM
I've spent hours today reading posts on here trying to find answers for my problem. Motor is on a stand up scooter.
Motor starts beautiful with choke on. Turn it off it's still sweet. If i give it to much throttle when i take off it will stumble then come good. I put this down to it being a small engine and i can live with that.

About half throttle it will surge and if i give it more gas it's fine till just before max revs when it surges again. It has stock air filter and exhaust. Full throttle and holding it there it's fine.

This is the strange part. Every 10 minutes or so it will just bog down hard, even with full speed. It will idle rough and any throttle will make it want to stall. If i suck on the fuel bowl over flow hose and restart it it's fine:confused: Why is this?
Another 10 mins or so and it will do it again. This can happen at full speed or going really slow.

Things i've done to fix it.
- New ngk CR7HSB plug
- Full carby clean, like 7 times. Main jet is clean and all holes blown with compressed air and fine wire pushed through them
- Tried 91 octane and 98 octane fuel
- Breather hole on gas tank lid enlarged.
- Fuel hose not restricted.
- All gaskets between carby and head are gasket glued with original gaskets.

Could it be float level? main jet size? kill switch faulty?

Jase

Remove air filter element. Sometimes oil [from the oil vent tube] will clog breather.

Also check muffler to make sure nothing has moved inside and restricted the exhaust flow.

Have fun,

Checked both and they are clean/ un blocked.

Progress from today. Pulled carby apart again and really wanted to check the float level. I noticed sometimes it would stick!! So i lightly sanded the pin and up where it goes. Alot smoother now and didn't stick.

Reset the idle mixture screw to start fresh. Ended up getting to to run really good. Slight bog down every now and then if i give it to much throttle on take off. Another thing is it wont bog down and die like before! I think that float was getting stuck.

All good things came to an end when it snapped a clutch bolt :p So it's out of action till thats replaced.

Have you adjusted the valves on your HS? They are usually off from the factory. Setting them correctly may remove that slight bog you still have. Did wonders for mine.

Aleman,

Do you have the specs on the valve adjustment for the Huasheng 142F? I got the factory in China to email me a copy of the owner's manual, but it neglects to mention that adjustment.

Thanks,

Max

I set mine at .004-.005" intake, .005-.006" exhaust. Seems to work well. I check them every oil change, like an aircooled VW.

Edit: check em cold. NOT like an aircooled VW lol

I should mention the GXH50 manual says .008" intake, .011" exhaust.
The stock plug is a "5" heat range, so you may want to set them closer to the Honda specs if you're running the stock plug or equivalent.

I run a "7" heat range, a cooler plug, so I can get away with tighter settings. It's totally up to you guys what to set em at. Just set em!

First time I checked mine, they were .012" intake and .024" exhaust! My engine was sluggish and bogged quite a bit, with a nasty dead spot in acceleration.
That went away with the valve adjustment and I picked up 4MPH on the top end. :D

Back