004.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 490
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 439
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 420
Thanks guys!!...The pipe is made from a Yamaha YZ 80 aftermarket expansion chamber..I got from a motorcycle salvage shop for $20....

The motor is a Cag stage 3 (54 cc) I ported the intake manifold & has triple stage black widow reeds.....Also the exhaust has been port matched...This thing should fly!!.The power output will be close to 5 hp @ 12000rpm..My goal is to cruise easy at 25-30, and get it on at the track...Aka.. vacant parking lots.. 50 plus mph !!!...:cool::D:D

Last edited:
Friction Drive

Hey Thumper, Thats the first friction drive I've seen that I think looks cool. I've always been the "gotta look like a motorcycle" guy. I know it's not street legal but I would put on a 49cc sticker, try to keep it under 30, 35mph and rip up the streets with that bike. Please don't take that as GOOD advise though, Thats just what I would do. Good job, VERY COOL.
Big Red.

tis agreed. one funky lookin bike, with a sexy pipe to boot... :whistle:. the mounts a little bit too light for the motor imho, but whatever... :)

tis agreed. one funky lookin bike, with a sexy pipe to boot... :whistle:. the mounts a little bit too light for the motor imho, but whatever... :)

Hey HS...Thanks!!!...As for the rack mount...It is STRONG ...It has two cross braces that tie the rack together, and the rack is fully welded !!!...The rack is built with 3/4" by 1/8" steel...:D

Last edited:
Thanks guys!!...The pipe is made from a Yamaha YZ 80 aftermarket expansion chamber..I got from a motorcycle salvage shop for $20....

The motor is a Cag stage 3 (54 cc) I ported the intake manifold & has triple stage black widow reeds.....Also the exhaust has been port matched...This thing should fly!!.The power output will be close to 5 hp @ 12000rpm..My goal is to cruise easy at 25-30, and get it on at the track...Aka.. vacant parking lots.. 50 plus mph !!!...:cool::D:D
50 mph at Grange Motor Circuit this Sat April 7th? :D

Ok...I got the bike running on Easter...The V drive roller works awesome!!:D I cruised it nice and easy...still breaking it in. I need to tune the carb and work on the clutch. The clutch engagement is too high..As for the performance so far..The bike does 31mph at half throttle...At little less than 3/4 throttle it hit 38mph, thats as hard as I pushed it....When I get it broke in and tuned...I will put the hammer down, and see what she will do!! Oh yeah...It sounds mean !!!

Back